uploading a file

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • J. Marshall Latham

    #1

    uploading a file

    I am trying to upload a file to the server from the client. I can
    successfully upload a file that has a file size of less than 1 Kb, but my
    program does not work if I try to upload a file with a size of 12.3 Mb. I
    can't even get the debugger to work correctly if I try to upload the bigger
    file. Can someone tell me why this problem would occur? Can you also
    provide suggestions to rectify the situation? Can you send me a link to get
    information about these kinds of restrictions or other restrictions where
    you can do something in one situation but not in another like my file size
    issue? Thank you for your help. I am a bit frustrated about this. I built
    the app and tested with a small file (I didn't have access to the real
    file), thought it worked, and then the testers come back saying that it is
    broken. It is broken because I can't process the big file even though my
    code worked fine with the smaller file. Again, thanks

    JML


  • John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

    #2
    Re: uploading a file

    The default setting siun machien config are about 4 meg. Look for a section
    something liek this and increase accordingly.

    <configuratio n>
    <system.web>
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLengt h="1024"
    useFullyQualifi edRedirectUrl=" true"
    executionTimeou t="500"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    maxRequestLengt h is the maximum size, in KB, that can be uploaded, and you
    cana lso set this in web.config specifically for your application so it
    doers not affect the rest of the servers apps


    --
    Regards

    John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
    ----------------------------------------------
    <shameless_auth or_plug>
    Professional .NET for Java Developers with C#
    ISBN:1-861007-91-4
    Professional Windows Forms
    ISBN: 1861005547
    Professional JSP 2nd Edition
    ISBN: 1861004958
    Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
    Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
    </shameless_autho r_plug>
    ----------------------------------------------

    "J. Marshall Latham" <marshall@netwo rkip.net> wrote in message
    news:uTFCeJVTDH A.600@TK2MSFTNG P12.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    > I am trying to upload a file to the server from the client. I can
    > successfully upload a file that has a file size of less than 1 Kb, but my
    > program does not work if I try to upload a file with a size of 12.3 Mb. I
    > can't even get the debugger to work correctly if I try to upload the[/color]
    bigger[color=blue]
    > file. Can someone tell me why this problem would occur? Can you also
    > provide suggestions to rectify the situation? Can you send me a link to[/color]
    get[color=blue]
    > information about these kinds of restrictions or other restrictions where
    > you can do something in one situation but not in another like my file size
    > issue? Thank you for your help. I am a bit frustrated about this. I[/color]
    built[color=blue]
    > the app and tested with a small file (I didn't have access to the real
    > file), thought it worked, and then the testers come back saying that it is
    > broken. It is broken because I can't process the big file even though my
    > code worked fine with the smaller file. Again, thanks
    >
    > JML
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    Working...