Trying to Parse HTML Form using DOM

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Martin

    #1

    Trying to Parse HTML Form using DOM

    I'm distributing stand-alone HTML forms for users to
    complete and e-mail/snail-mail back to me. (For security
    and budget reasons, receiving the form data to a web-
    server is not an option.) Then I want to parse out the
    FORM data into XML for import into an Oracle Database.

    Assuming it's possible, how can I parse the FORM data from
    the now-local HTML pages? (I'd prefer to use VB) I'd
    like to use the DOM, but can't find a parser that forgives
    open tags (<P>,<BR>,etc. ) Can I make calls to MSIE's HTML
    parsing dll's? What's the best way to go about this given
    my constraints?

    I've tried:
    XMLReader - not flexible with open tags
    SGMLReader - still trying
    XMLHTTP - just found it, but looks like it needs to
    interact with a web server

    Would copying the files and having them processed by the
    web-server here be a better route to pursue?

    Thanks.
Working...