Clive, in Excel 2K they show the formula for calculating
Price. You could code your own function, it would be much
faster. When you call native code you are taking a
preformance hit to call that COM object.
And I don't think you can use the functions from Excel the
way you are thinking. At least I haven't seen them in the
object model.
Scott
[color=blue]
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>
>Does Excel have to be installed on my machine in order[/color]
for[color=blue]
>me to use the Excel Library in .NET.
>
>I simply want to call some of Excel's functions such as
>PRICE and pass in some values and geta result back.
>
>I DO NOT want to use the Excel Application (Workbooks[/color]
etc)[color=blue]
>itself.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Clive.
>.
>[/color]
Price. You could code your own function, it would be much
faster. When you call native code you are taking a
preformance hit to call that COM object.
And I don't think you can use the functions from Excel the
way you are thinking. At least I haven't seen them in the
object model.
Scott
[color=blue]
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>
>Does Excel have to be installed on my machine in order[/color]
for[color=blue]
>me to use the Excel Library in .NET.
>
>I simply want to call some of Excel's functions such as
>PRICE and pass in some values and geta result back.
>
>I DO NOT want to use the Excel Application (Workbooks[/color]
etc)[color=blue]
>itself.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Clive.
>.
>[/color]