wsdl file

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Greg Decos

    #1

    wsdl file


    I was given a DISCO and WSDL file and a url in order to call a web service
    (not written in dot net)
    I am not sure what to do this information.
    I could code the request by building a sope xml message and using http post
    but
    Is there some other way to do this without writting all this code?
    In this case there is no http location to add the web reference


    Thanks Greg


  • R.Balaji

    #2
    Re: wsdl file

    Hi,

    You can use the WSDL.exe to generate the proxy code from the wsdl file.
    More on WSDL can be found under
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...oolWsdlexe.asp

    Well.Go to the visual studio .net command prompt.
    Move to your specific project folder.

    Enter the output file path and the wsdl file path
    eg) wsdl /out:myproxy.cs Service1.wsdl

    The specified proxy file will be created to your current command prompt
    folder.

    Now open your web service client project.
    Add this generated proxy file to your project.

    Now you can call the webservice without any web reference.

    Hope this helps.


    Regards,
    R.Balaji

    "Greg Decos" <gdecos@optonli ne.net> wrote in message
    news:vnWEc.6107 4$OT6.25092783@ news4.srv.hcvln y.cv.net...[color=blue]
    >
    > I was given a DISCO and WSDL file and a url in order to call a web service
    > (not written in dot net)
    > I am not sure what to do this information.
    > I could code the request by building a sope xml message and using http[/color]
    post[color=blue]
    > but
    > Is there some other way to do this without writting all this code?
    > In this case there is no http location to add the web reference
    >
    >
    > Thanks Greg
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Greg Decos

      #3
      Re: wsdl file

      Thanks!!!
      I looked at this utility before but thought it was only for asmx files



      Greg


      "R.Balaji" <rbalaji007@hot mail.com> wrote in message
      news:uy8z11BYEH A.2972@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > Hi,
      >
      > You can use the WSDL.exe to generate the proxy code from the wsdl file.
      > More on WSDL can be found under
      >[/color]
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...oolWsdlexe.asp[color=blue]
      >
      > Well.Go to the visual studio .net command prompt.
      > Move to your specific project folder.
      >
      > Enter the output file path and the wsdl file path
      > eg) wsdl /out:myproxy.cs Service1.wsdl
      >
      > The specified proxy file will be created to your current command prompt
      > folder.
      >
      > Now open your web service client project.
      > Add this generated proxy file to your project.
      >
      > Now you can call the webservice without any web reference.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      >
      > Regards,
      > R.Balaji
      >
      > "Greg Decos" <gdecos@optonli ne.net> wrote in message
      > news:vnWEc.6107 4$OT6.25092783@ news4.srv.hcvln y.cv.net...[color=green]
      > >
      > > I was given a DISCO and WSDL file and a url in order to call a web[/color][/color]
      service[color=blue][color=green]
      > > (not written in dot net)
      > > I am not sure what to do this information.
      > > I could code the request by building a sope xml message and using http[/color]
      > post[color=green]
      > > but
      > > Is there some other way to do this without writting all this code?
      > > In this case there is no http location to add the web reference
      > >
      > >
      > > Thanks Greg
      > >
      > >[/color]
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      Working...