excpt.h error

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dave

    #1

    excpt.h error

    When I build my project I get an error in the excpt.h header file. The
    build error tells me that there is a missing ';' before 'string' at the line
    in excpt.h that reads

    extern "C" {

    Is this library file included for exception handling? I'm just trying to
    set up a simple program to experiment with file and directory handling with
    VC++.NET and used a try/catch block for the file read.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Dave Scott


  • Jon

    #2
    Re: excpt.h error

    Look in the include file before this line. See if the last line is missing a ";".

    "Dave" <vb_remove@4sco tts.com> wrote in message news:Op0V0o64DH A.2740@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    > When I build my project I get an error in the excpt.h header file. The
    > build error tells me that there is a missing ';' before 'string' at the line
    > in excpt.h that reads
    >
    > extern "C" {
    >
    > Is this library file included for exception handling? I'm just trying to
    > set up a simple program to experiment with file and directory handling with
    > VC++.NET and used a try/catch block for the file read.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Dave Scott
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Dave

      #3
      Re: excpt.h error

      The line before is #ifdef __cplusplus

      "Jon" <Jon@martinsoun d.com> wrote in message
      news:OPa7vv64DH A.2064@TK2MSFTN GP11.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > Look in the include file before this line. See if the last line is missing[/color]
      a ";".[color=blue]
      >
      > "Dave" <vb_remove@4sco tts.com> wrote in message[/color]
      news:Op0V0o64DH A.2740@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=blue][color=green]
      > > When I build my project I get an error in the excpt.h header file. The
      > > build error tells me that there is a missing ';' before 'string' at the[/color][/color]
      line[color=blue][color=green]
      > > in excpt.h that reads
      > >
      > > extern "C" {
      > >
      > > Is this library file included for exception handling? I'm just trying[/color][/color]
      to[color=blue][color=green]
      > > set up a simple program to experiment with file and directory handling[/color][/color]
      with[color=blue][color=green]
      > > VC++.NET and used a try/catch block for the file read.
      > >
      > > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      > >
      > > Dave Scott
      > >
      > >[/color]
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • Jon

        #4
        Re: excpt.h error

        I was interested in the last line of the previous include file, not the previous line in the same include file.

        Try the following. Add "int i;" before the "include excpt.h". See if the error moves to this new line. If it does, there is
        probably a missing ';' in the previous include file.

        "Dave" <vb_remove@4sco tts.com> wrote in message news:uP1WX764DH A.2576@TK2MSFTN GP11.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
        > The line before is #ifdef __cplusplus
        >
        > "Jon" <Jon@martinsoun d.com> wrote in message
        > news:OPa7vv64DH A.2064@TK2MSFTN GP11.phx.gbl...[color=green]
        > > Look in the include file before this line. See if the last line is missing[/color]
        > a ";".[color=green]
        > >
        > > "Dave" <vb_remove@4sco tts.com> wrote in message[/color]
        > news:Op0V0o64DH A.2740@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > When I build my project I get an error in the excpt.h header file. The
        > > > build error tells me that there is a missing ';' before 'string' at the[/color][/color]
        > line[color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > in excpt.h that reads
        > > >
        > > > extern "C" {
        > > >
        > > > Is this library file included for exception handling? I'm just trying[/color][/color]
        > to[color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > set up a simple program to experiment with file and directory handling[/color][/color]
        > with[color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > VC++.NET and used a try/catch block for the file read.
        > > >
        > > > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
        > > >
        > > > Dave Scott
        > > >
        > > >[/color]
        > >
        > >[/color]
        >
        >[/color]


        Comment

        Working...