Internal Compiler Error

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 403010705

    #1

    Internal Compiler Error

    I am getting an Internal Compiler Error on two template
    functions in VC++ 7.1. The weird thing is that in another
    project these functions compile and run fine. The place
    they are instantiated is fairly trivial and I don't know
    how to rewrite it to elliminate the fault. Any suggestions?
  • David Lowndes

    #2
    Re: Internal Compiler Error

    >I am getting an Internal Compiler Error on two template[color=blue]
    >functions in VC++ 7.1. The weird thing is that in another
    >project these functions compile and run fine. The place
    >they are instantiated is fairly trivial and I don't know
    >how to rewrite it to elliminate the fault. Any suggestions?[/color]

    Can you present a stand-alone code snippet that illustrates the ICE?

    Dave
    --
    MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

    Comment

    • Rain Bow

      #3
      Re: Internal Compiler Error

      [color=blue]
      > Can you present a stand-alone code snippet that illustrates the ICE?[/color]

      just down the following sgi's STL imp.
      http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/stdlib_20000608.zip
      and vc7.1 will ICE.

      And In my project ,when I named a class GRect,It ICE,but when I changed to
      GNormalRect, It looks well.....






      Comment

      • David Lowndes

        #4
        Re: Internal Compiler Error

        >just down the following sgi's STL imp.[color=blue]
        >http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/stdlib_20000608.zip
        >and vc7.1 will ICE.[/color]

        Downloading it won't cause an ICE. :)

        Is this meant to be a repro of the original poster's point?

        Clearer instructions are needed - please.

        Dave
        --
        MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

        Comment

        • Rain Bow

          #5
          Re: Internal Compiler Error


          "David Lowndes" <davidl@mvps.or g>
          ??????:bumduvgn h0fm2fph2pg2ue5 6jeums9jdjf@4ax .com...[color=blue][color=green]
          > >just down the following sgi's STL imp.
          > >http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/stdlib_20000608.zip
          > >and vc7.1 will ICE.[/color]
          >
          > Downloading it won't cause an ICE. :)
          >[/color]
          Sorry, My mean is that download it and compile it with vc7.1,and
          *then* vc7.1 will ICE.

          Though the P.J's STL ships with VC7.1 is great,but I'd like to try
          some other's STL's imp.and the above URL links to a version of
          SGI's STL.


          Comment

          • David Lowndes

            #6
            Re: Internal Compiler Error

            >Sorry, My mean is that download it and compile it with vc7.1,and[color=blue]
            >*then* vc7.1 will ICE.[/color]

            OK, but this hasn't anything to do with the original posters issue -
            has it?

            I suspect MS may be aware of any popular standard package issues.

            FWIW, I downloaded it and tried building it via the makefile.mak - it
            didn't get very far, failing with:

            \time_facets.cx x(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
            'stl_time_facet s.h': No such file or directory

            Dave
            --
            MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

            Comment

            • Rain Bow

              #7
              Re: Internal Compiler Error

              [color=blue]
              > \time_facets.cx x(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
              > 'stl_time_facet s.h': No such file or directory[/color]

              before you comile it , make sure you are not using P.J's STL
              (just change the include dir will ok)


              Comment

              • David Lowndes

                #8
                Re: Internal Compiler Error

                >> \time_facets.cx x(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:[color=blue][color=green]
                >> 'stl_time_facet s.h': No such file or directory[/color]
                >
                >before you comile it , make sure you are not using P.J's STL
                >(just change the include dir will ok)[/color]

                Still doesn't compile for me.

                Never mind, it's nearly Christmas. :)

                Dave
                --
                MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

                Comment

                Working...