VS.2005 compatible with VS.2003

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaVBGuy

    #1

    VS.2005 compatible with VS.2003

    I have a few VS.2003 applications, once VS.2005 RTM comes out, is it just a
    matter of recompiling those applications in the VS.2005 IDE, or am I going to
    run across several compatibility issues?

    Once the 2.0 framework comes out, I'll have that installed on my clients PCs.

  • Tom Z.

    #2
    RE: VS.2005 compatible with VS.2003

    I'm sure it depends on your application(s). You should download the beta and
    try it out.

    "DaVBGuy" wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > I have a few VS.2003 applications, once VS.2005 RTM comes out, is it just a
    > matter of recompiling those applications in the VS.2005 IDE, or am I going to
    > run across several compatibility issues?
    >
    > Once the 2.0 framework comes out, I'll have that installed on my clients PCs.
    >[/color]

    Comment

    • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

      #3
      Re: VS.2005 compatible with VS.2003

      Davb

      Nothing is for sure, however, Net 2.0 should be full backwards compatible
      with Net 1.x.

      I have taken some (larger) VB2003 applications in the VB2005 B2, and had not
      any problem building and running those.

      I hope this gives an idea,

      Cor


      Comment

      Working...