XSLT ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Andrew Neiderer

    #1

    XSLT ?


    Thanks for the reply !

    He is probably RIGHT.

    Any thoughts on this as a possibility ?

    Let my Java program, which I will edit to make as fast as possible,
    generate the SVG (a 2D XML application) and use XSLT to update ?
    Maybe this reduce the 10 second delay.

    I don't know XSLT but will learn if this is a possibility.

    - Andrew M. Neiderer
    neiderer@arl.ar my.mil


    -----------------------------------------------------------

    Subject: Re: binary XML ?

    Andrew Neiderer wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > I have written a Java application which generates lots (150 x 150) of
    > Scaleable Vector Graphics (SVG), which is a 2D XML application, <rect>s.
    > The problem is that it takes about 10 seconds to display the frame. I
    > need to approach real-time display if possible. So I thought a binary
    > representation of the data would speed it up.[/color]

    Do you really think that the XML representation of your data is responsible
    for the slow display ? I would rather guess that your Java implementation
    of the display is to be blamed.
    ..
    ..
    ..
    I bet that the bottleneck in your application is SVG, its interpretation and
    the rest of the display process.
  • J??rgen Kahrs

    #2
    Re: XSLT ?

    Andrew Neiderer wrote:[color=blue]
    > Let my Java program, which I will edit to make as fast as possible,
    > generate the SVG (a 2D XML application) and use XSLT to update ?[/color]

    I am not sure if I understood your processing pipeline
    correctly. Anyway, the idea to let an XSLT modify an
    XML file in real-time (frame to frame) will lead you
    into a dead end. XSL processors are simply too slow
    for this. It's a waste of CPU power.
    [color=blue]
    > Maybe this reduce the 10 second delay.
    >
    > I don't know XSLT but will learn if this is a possibility.[/color]

    If you have to display things in real-time,
    you should try to get rid of XML data.

    Comment

    Working...