Difference between PostgreSQL and MySQL

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • phpmaet
    New Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 27

    #1

    Difference between PostgreSQL and MySQL

    Hi,
    Can anyone please tell me the main difference between PostgreSQL and MySQL?. What is the best DB server?.

    Thanks
  • Banfa
    Recognized Expert Expert
    • Feb 2006
    • 9067

    #2
    I don't really know, all I can tell you is that generally you only get PostgreSQL on more expensive hosting packages or if you pay for it where as MySQL is more readily available and that the hosts I use believe that PostgreSQL is better.

    Comment

    • subratjyetki
      New Member
      • Feb 2007
      • 1

      #3
      mysql is used for having high speed while
      postgresql is use to have a large database
      the use of one of them depends upon the
      purpose for which we are using

      Comment

      Working...