/etc directory

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Loismustdie129
    New Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 194

    #1

    /etc directory

    I am having problems saving files to my /etc tree. Specifically /etc/udev/rules.d. I am using Ubuntu 6.06, and I have logged in as root and nothing. I have changed the directory permission (multiple times) and nothing still.

    Anyone know anything that can help.
  • cassbiz
    New Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 202

    #2
    what are you trying to save and how?

    I just changed a file and saved it in the directory using VI.

    I am using CentOS 4.4

    Comment

    • michaelb
      Recognized Expert Contributor
      • Nov 2006
      • 534

      #3
      udev provides a dynamic device directory containing only the files for actually present devices.

      Comment

      • Loismustdie129
        New Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 194

        #4
        I am trying to save a script to backup my jump drive. I am using the text editor that came with Ubuntu and was present on the desktop.

        Comment

        • drhowarddrfine
          Recognized Expert Expert
          • Sep 2006
          • 7434

          #5
          If you mean you are saving to/from the jump drive, is the drive mounted?

          Comment

          Working...