javascript malfunction in IE and firefox

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gits
    Recognized Expert Moderator Expert
    • May 2007
    • 5390

    #16
    Originally posted by mahmoodn
    Is it possible to change a value in about:config (firefox) automatically? I mean when the page is loaded, with a javascript function I change "dom.allow_scri pts_to_close_wi ndows". If it is not possible, then I have to write a notice at the end of the page and alert the user that "exit" function may not work in firefox
    it would work but not silently ... the user has to confirm that change and so you cannot rely on that ... here is a link for the usage of the mozilla PrivilegeManage r ...

    kind regards

    Comment

    • mahmoodn
      New Member
      • May 2009
      • 77

      #17
      After my last post, I thought it is not suitable to change someones settings in an embedded manner.

      I think there is no need for close button. The tab has a close button for itself.

      Thanks,

      Comment

      • acoder
        Recognized Expert MVP
        • Nov 2006
        • 16032

        #18
        Yes, that's more like it. No need for tricks and hacks for something which doesn't give any/much benefit.

        Comment

        • Ciary
          Recognized Expert New Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 247

          #19
          for a comparison of window.close in all (latest) browsers.
          • opera 9.6 will allow it. i dont know if that can be changed.
          • safari and chrome wont whatsoever. as with opera i dont know if it can be changed.
          • firefox3 wont allow it but will if changed in config
          • IE7 will show a warning messagebox and will ask if its ok to continue
          • for IE8 i have no idea but i guess the same as IE7


          but as said, window.close is useless

          Comment

          Working...