Frame - window.open() in Netscape

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • W.

    #1

    Frame - window.open() in Netscape

    Hi all ...
    I have a page with 4 frames in it.
    If I click on a button in the 4th frame, a new window has to be opened
    and the value of the listbox in the 3rd frame hoas to be passed ....
    My code works fine in IE, but doesn't in Netscape .....

    First, the value of the listbox .... I try to get it with
    parent.frame3.f orm.listbox.val ue ... But an alert of this (as a test)
    does nothing .... I tried several combinations like parent.frames[2]
    and parent.frames[frame3] but nothing happens ...

    Another problem is that the frame4 is blanked ... strangely enough ...
    I'm just doing window.open('bl ablabla');

    any ideas ??

    thanks


    Wim

  • Lee

    #2
    Re: Frame - window.open() in Netscape

    W. said:[color=blue]
    >
    >Hi all ...
    >I have a page with 4 frames in it.
    >If I click on a button in the 4th frame, a new window has to be opened
    >and the value of the listbox in the 3rd frame hoas to be passed ....
    >My code works fine in IE, but doesn't in Netscape .....
    >
    >First, the value of the listbox .... I try to get it with
    >parent.frame3. form.listbox.va lue ... But an alert of this (as a test)
    >does nothing .... I tried several combinations like parent.frames[2]
    >and parent.frames[frame3] but nothing happens ...
    >
    >Another problem is that the frame4 is blanked ... strangely enough ...
    >I'm just doing window.open('bl ablabla');
    >
    >any ideas ??[/color]

    The FAQ for this newsgroup describes the correct way to get the
    currently selected value of a Select ("listbox") ohject:

    <http://www.jibbering.c om/faq/#FAQ4_13>

    What do you mean by "doing" window.open() ?
    Is it in the HREF attribute of a link?
    Is it in the onClick event handler of a button?
    Give more detail.

    Comment

    • W.

      #3
      Re: Frame - window.open() in Netscape

      The window.open thing, I think I figured that out .... It's an onClick
      on a button, which does a submit of a form ... the submit has to be
      dropped .... The strange thing is that it works fine in IE ...
      I'll check out the link you've send me !!
      Thanks for your time !!
      W.

      On 3 Oct 2003 10:38:44 -0700, Lee <REM0VElbspamtr ap@cox.net> wrote:
      [color=blue]
      >W. said:[color=green]
      >>
      >>Hi all ...
      >>I have a page with 4 frames in it.
      >>If I click on a button in the 4th frame, a new window has to be opened
      >>and the value of the listbox in the 3rd frame hoas to be passed ....
      >>My code works fine in IE, but doesn't in Netscape .....
      >>
      >>First, the value of the listbox .... I try to get it with
      >>parent.frame3 .form.listbox.v alue ... But an alert of this (as a test)
      >>does nothing .... I tried several combinations like parent.frames[2]
      >>and parent.frames[frame3] but nothing happens ...
      >>
      >>Another problem is that the frame4 is blanked ... strangely enough ...
      >>I'm just doing window.open('bl ablabla');
      >>
      >>any ideas ??[/color]
      >
      >The FAQ for this newsgroup describes the correct way to get the
      >currently selected value of a Select ("listbox") ohject:
      >
      ><http://www.jibbering.c om/faq/#FAQ4_13>
      >
      >What do you mean by "doing" window.open() ?
      >Is it in the HREF attribute of a link?
      >Is it in the onClick event handler of a button?
      >Give more detail.[/color]

      Comment

      Working...