Reading cookies created by CGI program

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Thomas Theakanath

    #1

    Reading cookies created by CGI program

    Hi,
    Within client-side Javascript code, I am not able to read cookies set
    by Perl CGI program. Is that normal? Could I change anything in the
    way cookies are set from the CGI program to be able to read them later
    in Javascript?

    Thanks
    Thomas.
  • Janwillem Borleffs

    #2
    Re: Reading cookies created by CGI program


    "Thomas Theakanath" <thomastk@hotma il.com> schreef in bericht
    news:78b857d2.0 308230231.4328f 1ed@posting.goo gle.com...[color=blue]
    > Hi,
    > Within client-side Javascript code, I am not able to read cookies set
    > by Perl CGI program. Is that normal? Could I change anything in the
    > way cookies are set from the CGI program to be able to read them later
    > in Javascript?
    >[/color]

    The CGI script should create a domain cookie with the 'domain=.domain .com'
    parameter and your script should run on the same domain as specified by this
    parameter for this to work for you.


    JW



    Comment

    • Thomas Theakanath

      #3
      Re: Reading cookies created by CGI program

      I tried it; but doesn't seem to work. Is there any resources available
      on the net to know more about this requirement?

      "Janwillem Borleffs" <jwb@jwbfoto.de mon.nl> wrote in message news:<3f474993$ 0$28907$1b62eed f@news.euronet. nl>...[color=blue]
      > "Thomas Theakanath" <thomastk@hotma il.com> schreef in bericht
      > news:78b857d2.0 308230231.4328f 1ed@posting.goo gle.com...[color=green]
      > > Hi,
      > > Within client-side Javascript code, I am not able to read cookies set
      > > by Perl CGI program. Is that normal? Could I change anything in the
      > > way cookies are set from the CGI program to be able to read them later
      > > in Javascript?
      > >[/color]
      >
      > The CGI script should create a domain cookie with the 'domain=.domain .com'
      > parameter and your script should run on the same domain as specified by this
      > parameter for this to work for you.
      >
      >
      > JW[/color]

      Comment

      Working...