How many Caching mechanisms in java?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SmallCat1
    New Member
    • Jan 2016
    • 1

    #1

    How many Caching mechanisms in java?

    I know LruCache and ASimpleCache. anything else??
  • chaarmann
    Recognized Expert Contributor
    • Nov 2007
    • 785

    #2
    Unlimited number.
    You can implement as many as you want.
    I implemented TheCache, ACache, MyCache, YourCache, OurCache, DefaultCache, NonDefaultCache .
    I started with nullCache in File NullCache, but a camel refused to compile it. That was my first camel case.
    Currently I am refactoring SimpleCache to ComplexCache, but it got so complicated that I fear I will never finish it.

    :-)

    Comment

    • Kara Hewett
      New Member
      • Apr 2014
      • 27

      #3
      A few popular java caches are Java Caching System by Apache at commons.apache. org/jcs and Ehcache at www.ehcache.org.

      Comment

      • FordAna
        New Member
        • Jun 2016
        • 6

        #4
        JCS, the foundation of JCS is the Composite Cache, which is the pluggable controller for a cache region.

        LRU Memory Cache
        Indexed Disk Cache
        JDBC Disk Cache
        TCP Lateral Cache
        RMI Remote Cache

        Here is the most common list, you can check it out in the Googlee if you want.

        Comment

        Working...