How do you start a Java application that calculates weekly pay.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DMJ1
    New Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 1

    #1

    How do you start a Java application that calculates weekly pay.

    I am not sure of how to start a java application that does calculation, and also displays users input. Is there a standardize format? Or do I look into the library for this? I am a first timer in java progromming, and in the IT world. I need to see by examples of how this is accomplishes, it is hard to just read about it. I think a visual examples of how, and why certain steps are needed will help me understand how accomplish this assignment. Thanks!
  • r035198x
    MVP
    • Sep 2006
    • 13225

    #2
    Originally posted by DMJ1
    I am not sure of how to start a java application that does calculation, and also displays users input. Is there a standardize format? Or do I look into the library for this? I am a first timer in java progromming, and in the IT world. I need to see by examples of how this is accomplishes, it is hard to just read about it. I think a visual examples of how, and why certain steps are needed will help me understand how accomplish this assignment. Thanks!
    I suggest you stick to reading. Believe it or not it does work.

    Comment

    • Nepomuk
      Recognized Expert Specialist
      • Aug 2007
      • 3111

      #3
      Originally posted by DMJ1
      I am not sure of how to start a java application that does calculation, and also displays users input. Is there a standardize format? Or do I look into the library for this? I am a first timer in java progromming, and in the IT world. I need to see by examples of how this is accomplishes, it is hard to just read about it. I think a visual examples of how, and why certain steps are needed will help me understand how accomplish this assignment. Thanks!
      Keep your eyes open for the main method and the command line tool java! :-)

      Greetings,
      Nepomuk

      Comment

      • JosAH
        Recognized Expert MVP
        • Mar 2007
        • 11453

        #4
        Originally posted by DMJ1
        I am not sure of how to start a java application that does calculation, and also displays users input. Is there a standardize format? Or do I look into the library for this? I am a first timer in java progromming, and in the IT world. I need to see by examples of how this is accomplishes, it is hard to just read about it. I think a visual examples of how, and why certain steps are needed will help me understand how accomplish this assignment. Thanks!
        If you're able to give a clear description of the program steps that need to be
        taken, in English, no program stuff, you're more than halfway there. I'll give you
        a jump start:

        1) ask user for the required input data;
        2) perform the calculations;
        3) display the results.

        Your turn now; fill in the details, i.e. what is the allowed user input data? What
        are the calculations? Which results need to be displayed?

        kind regards,

        Jos

        Comment

        Working...