JRE Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • uthornsfan1995
    New Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 10

    #1

    JRE Help

    I try to use a feature on my banking website which uses Java. Every time I try to use it, it gives me a "Java Runtime Environment can not be loaded" error. Then I try to download Java, and it gives me a "Several Java virtual machines running in the same process caused an error." Can someone please tell me how to fix this?? I need to scan checks to my bank account and can't because of this error. Thank you.
  • JosAH
    Recognized Expert MVP
    • Mar 2007
    • 11453

    #2
    Originally posted by uthornsfan1995
    I try to use a feature on my banking website which uses Java. Every time I try to use it, it gives me a "Java Runtime Environment can not be loaded" error. Then I try to download Java, and it gives me a "Several Java virtual machines running in the same process caused an error." Can someone please tell me how to fix this?? I need to scan checks to my bank account and can't because of this error. Thank you.
    If I were you I'd ruthlessly deinstall al my Java JREs and install just the latest
    version from the Sun download site.

    kind regards,

    Jos

    Comment

    • uthornsfan1995
      New Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 10

      #3
      Originally posted by JosAH
      If I were you I'd ruthlessly deinstall al my Java JREs and install just the latest
      version from the Sun download site.

      kind regards,

      Jos
      Thank you for your reply.

      Comment

      • jeffbroodwar
        New Member
        • Oct 2006
        • 118

        #4
        Hi,

        Follow this link :
        https://sdlc3d.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServl et;jsessionid=2 64ABA035D538385 FF6C3B12A44ABB9 5


        download JDK 6.0 update 1 after doing what Jos told you.

        Gud luck ^^

        Regards,
        Jeff

        Comment

        • uthornsfan1995
          New Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 10

          #5
          Well, I deleted and reinstalled Java. I also went to the site and did a copy/paste of the address and downloaded that too. It still says the same thing. I am also getting an error when I close the window, "THE INSTRUCTION AT "0x059F0191 " REFERENCED MEMORY AT "0x9F019005 ." THE MEMORY COULD NOT BE WRITTEN. CLICK ON OK TO TERMINATE PROGRAM." What should I do now??? Any suggestions???? ??

          Comment

          • JosAH
            Recognized Expert MVP
            • Mar 2007
            • 11453

            #6
            Originally posted by uthornsfan1995
            Well, I deleted and reinstalled Java. I also went to the site and did a copy/paste of the address and downloaded that too. It still says the same thing. I am also getting an error when I close the window, "THE INSTRUCTION AT "0x059F0191 " REFERENCED MEMORY AT "0x9F019005 ." THE MEMORY COULD NOT BE WRITTEN. CLICK ON OK TO TERMINATE PROGRAM." What should I do now??? Any suggestions???? ??
            You shouldn't have gone to where that link points: look at it: it mentions a
            session ID; that's not your session and I don't know what horrors can happen.
            That link was just dead wrong; forget about it.

            Did you manage to install your JRE correctly from Sun's download site? DId
            you get rid of all your other installed (older?) JREs?

            kind regards,

            Jos

            Comment

            • uthornsfan1995
              New Member
              • Jun 2007
              • 10

              #7
              Originally posted by JosAH
              You shouldn't have gone to where that link points: look at it: it mentions a
              session ID; that's not your session and I don't know what horrors can happen.
              That link was just dead wrong; forget about it.

              Did you manage to install your JRE correctly from Sun's download site? DId
              you get rid of all your other installed (older?) JREs?

              kind regards,

              Jos
              Yes, I got rid of the older JREs. Everything installed correctly, but it is like I didn't do anything. This is extremely frustrating. What do you mean about that link mentions a session ID?? I am not very computer literate.

              Thanks,
              Dan

              Comment

              • JosAH
                Recognized Expert MVP
                • Mar 2007
                • 11453

                #8
                Originally posted by uthornsfan1995
                Yes, I got rid of the older JREs. Everything installed correctly, but it is like I didn't do anything. This is extremely frustrating. What do you mean about that link mentions a session ID?? I am not very computer literate.

                Thanks,
                Dan
                Forget about that link; it was incorrect. Did you deinstall everything or did you
                simply remove all the files and directories? I'm a bit itchy w.r.t your remark that
                *everything* installed correctly; there's only one thing to install: the JRE.

                I need a bit more information.

                kind regards,

                Jos

                Comment

                • uthornsfan1995
                  New Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 10

                  #9
                  Originally posted by JosAH
                  Forget about that link; it was incorrect. Did you deinstall everything or did you
                  simply remove all the files and directories? I'm a bit itchy w.r.t your remark that
                  *everything* installed correctly; there's only one thing to install: the JRE.

                  I need a bit more information.

                  kind regards,

                  Jos
                  Well, I was looking at what was installed on my computer in the add/remove programs under the control panel and I just uninstalled those and reinstalled it from the website. Was that wrong?? What other info do you need?

                  Dan

                  Comment

                  • JosAH
                    Recognized Expert MVP
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 11453

                    #10
                    Originally posted by uthornsfan1995
                    Well, I was looking at what was installed on my computer in the add/remove programs under the control panel and I just uninstalled those and reinstalled it from the website. Was that wrong?? What other info do you need?

                    Dan
                    I guess you correctly removed your JREs. You wrote that you installed a latest
                    JRE from Sun's download site. Basically, just like you, I don't understand why
                    it still doesn't work. You didn't just download the software did you? I mean you
                    actually installed it, did you?

                    kind regards,

                    Jos

                    Comment

                    • r035198x
                      MVP
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 13225

                      #11
                      Originally posted by uthornsfan1995
                      Well, I was looking at what was installed on my computer in the add/remove programs under the control panel and I just uninstalled those and reinstalled it from the website. Was that wrong?? What other info do you need?

                      Dan
                      And if you did install the new version, what error message are you getting now?

                      Comment

                      • uthornsfan1995
                        New Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 10

                        #12
                        Originally posted by JosAH
                        I guess you correctly removed your JREs. You wrote that you installed a latest
                        JRE from Sun's download site. Basically, just like you, I don't understand why
                        it still doesn't work. You didn't just download the software did you? I mean you
                        actually installed it, did you?

                        kind regards,

                        Jos
                        Yes, I actually installed it. After it downloads, it automatically gives me the option to install.

                        Comment

                        • uthornsfan1995
                          New Member
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 10

                          #13
                          Originally posted by r035198x
                          And if you did install the new version, what error message are you getting now?
                          It still gives me the same message. It's like I didn't do anything.

                          Comment

                          • JosAH
                            Recognized Expert MVP
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 11453

                            #14
                            Originally posted by uthornsfan1995
                            It still gives me the same message. It's like I didn't do anything.
                            That's strange; if you've deintstalled everything correctly there are no multiple
                            Java virtual machines anymore on your system. All I can advise now: check
                            everything again just in case you forgot to deinstall one or more obsolete Java
                            virtual machines.

                            kind regards,

                            Jos

                            Comment

                            • uthornsfan1995
                              New Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 10

                              #15
                              Originally posted by JosAH
                              That's strange; if you've deintstalled everything correctly there are no multiple
                              Java virtual machines anymore on your system. All I can advise now: check
                              everything again just in case you forgot to deinstall one or more obsolete Java
                              virtual machines.

                              kind regards,

                              Jos
                              Well, I appreciate your help but I did it again. I went on to add/remove programs and removed everything that had to do with Java. Then I went into my wife's documents and settings; my documents and settings and deleted any Java remnants there. Then, I went onto the website and downloaded them again and still the same errors occurred. But now after I exit out of the browser, another error comes up. It reads:

                              At the very top
                              {Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library}
                              Then the main body states:
                              {Runtime Error
                              Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Explor er.exe
                              R6025
                              - Pure Virtual Function Call}

                              That just started when I installed it the last time. I was wondering if I installed it improperly, so I reinstalled it again and still get the same errors. PLEASE HELP!!!!

                              Thank you

                              Dan

                              Comment

                              Working...