I am having another problem. I got the first problem fixed and it is working almost right but when I import the information it doesn't pick up the information for the fourth array.
Here is the code:
and here is an example of what it is supposed to be importing:
Roomba
Discovery
149.95
H
LegoMindstorms
RCX
179.95
T
LegoMindstorms
NCT
249.95
T
Viper Lift and Reach
1700
15000
I
Binford Drillerator
6000
945.88
H
SpyBot
EX
29000
M
The fourth line with the single letter is the problem I am having. When I print the last array I only get a blank space printed out.
Please help.
Thanks
Here is the code:
Code:
//
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.text.*;
import java.util.Arrays;
import java.util.Formatter;
import java.util.Scanner;
import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
public class Methods
{
Scanner infile = new Scanner( "RobotModels.txt" );
Formatter outfile = new Formatter();
int count;
String[] robotApp1 = new String[50];
public void InputInfo()
{
int i = 0;
int count = 0;
String[] robotName = new String[50];
String[] robotModel = new String[50];
double[] robotPrice = new double[50];
String[] robotApp = new String[50];
try
{
infile = new Scanner ( new File ("RobotModels.txt") );
outfile = new Formatter ( "Robots.txt" );
System.out.println( "File Opened" );
}
catch ( FileNotFoundException fnfe )
{
System.out.println( "File Not Found!" );
}
while ( infile.hasNextLine() )
{
robotName[i] = infile.nextLine();
robotModel[i] = infile.nextLine();
robotPrice[i] = infile.nextDouble();
robotApp[i] = infile.nextLine();
String dummy = infile.nextLine();
i++;
count++;
}
for( int k = 0; k < count; k++ )
{
System.out.println( robotName[k] );
System.out.println( robotModel[k] );
System.out.println( robotPrice[k] );
System.out.println( robotApp[k].substring( 0,1 ) );
System.out.println();
}
}
}
and here is an example of what it is supposed to be importing:
Roomba
Discovery
149.95
H
LegoMindstorms
RCX
179.95
T
LegoMindstorms
NCT
249.95
T
Viper Lift and Reach
1700
15000
I
Binford Drillerator
6000
945.88
H
SpyBot
EX
29000
M
The fourth line with the single letter is the problem I am having. When I print the last array I only get a blank space printed out.
Please help.
Thanks
Comment