Help on

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nomad
    Recognized Expert Contributor
    • Mar 2007
    • 664

    #1

    Help on

    Hi everyone:
    This project is driving me crazy and I need some help.
    I would post it here but I have worked so hard on it that I don't want someone else in my class to steal it.
    So if I can pm it to someone that would be great.

    here is part of my code where I'm having problems.
    Problem is at public static void main(String[] args) {
    The method main cannot be declared static; static methods can only be declared in a static or top level type..
    RedSon told me to look for "The second problem probably comes from using arlist again but I cant be sure because I dont see how arlist is declared."
    tried to change that but still I get the error.


    Code:
    	
    public class Employee {
    
    		public ArrayList<Employee_listing> employees;// ArrayList of
    
    		// contact
    
    		int empid = employees.size();
    
    		public void createEmployeeDB() {
    			employees = new ArrayList<Employee_listing>();
    		}
    
    
    more code here of course
    
    
    public static void main(String[] args) {
    			Employee emp = new Employee();
    			Scanner kbd = new Scanner(System.in);
    			int choice;
    			System.out.println("Make a Section: ");
    			System.out.println("1. Enter ");
    			System.out.println("2. Find ");
    			System.out.println("3. Exit ");
    			System.out.print("\nPlease press Enter afer each response");
    			System.out.println("Enter your chose please: ");
    			choice = kbd.nextInt();
    			kbd.nextLine();
    			if (choice == 1) { // if 1 is select go to makePerson
    				emp.inputEmployee();
    
    			} // close the if loop
    
    			if (choice == 2) { // if 2 is select go to find
    				emp.displayMatch();
    
    			}// close the choice==2
    			if (choice == 3) {
    				System.out.printf("Good bye");
    			}// close the choice == 3
    
    		}// close public static void
    Please help
    thanks
    nomad
  • nomad
    Recognized Expert Contributor
    • Mar 2007
    • 664

    #2
    I tried change the title,
    Should say help on main public static void main(String[]

    Sorry everyone.

    A little stressed out today.

    Nomad

    Comment

    Working...