JSP problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • analoveu
    New Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 36

    #1

    JSP problem

    I installed IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0 and I already installed JDK 6.0
    when i wrote that a piece of code in the notepad and saved it with the extention .jsp then i open it with my browser the output was The time is now without displaying the time..WHY?What is the problem?

    Code:
    <HTML>
    <BODY>
    Hello!  The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
  • r035198x
    MVP
    • Sep 2006
    • 13225

    #2
    Originally posted by analoveu
    I installed IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0 and I already installed JDK 6.0
    when i wrote that a piece of code in the notepad and saved it with the extention .jsp then i open it with my browser the output was The time is now without displaying the time..WHY?What is the problem?

    Code:
    <HTML>
    <BODY>
    Hello! The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    Where did you save the jsp file?

    Comment

    • analoveu
      New Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 36

      #3
      Originally posted by r035198x
      Where did you save the jsp file?
      in this path

      C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSp here\AppServer\ profiles\defaul t\temp\SERVER_N AME\server1

      Comment

      • r035198x
        MVP
        • Sep 2006
        • 13225

        #4
        Originally posted by analoveu
        in this path

        C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSp here\AppServer\ profiles\defaul t\temp\SERVER_N AME\server1

        You should save it in your application's WebConten folder. Do you know where it is?

        Comment

        • analoveu
          New Member
          • Jan 2007
          • 36

          #5
          Originally posted by r035198x
          You should save it in your application's WebConten folder. Do you know where it is?

          Is it is?
          C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSp here\AppServer

          Comment

          • r035198x
            MVP
            • Sep 2006
            • 13225

            #6
            Originally posted by analoveu
            Is it is?
            C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSp here\AppServer

            No. Where did you put your workspace?
            Go to the folder with the name of your project/application

            Comment

            • analoveu
              New Member
              • Jan 2007
              • 36

              #7
              Originally posted by r035198x
              No. Where did you put your workspace?
              Go to the folder with the name of your project/application
              should I create a folder for the application?
              I wrote that piece of code in notepad and saved with extention .jsp
              and opened it with the browser?
              But I use the websphere web server
              I think I save my .jsp file in aspecific path and use a specific path to load the file in the browser,I mean the host name.
              But I don't know what is the suitable host

              Comment

              • r035198x
                MVP
                • Sep 2006
                • 13225

                #8
                Originally posted by analoveu
                should I create a folder for the application?
                I wrote that piece of code in notepad and saved with extention .jsp
                and opened it with the browser?
                But I use the websphere web server
                I think I save my .jsp file in aspecific path and use a specific path to load the file in the browser,I mean the host name.
                But I don't know what is the suitable host
                Just a check.

                Did you install the server together with the Rational Aplication Development platform?

                Comment

                • analoveu
                  New Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 36

                  #9
                  Originally posted by r035198x
                  Just a check.

                  Did you install the server together with the Rational Aplication Development platform?
                  No,Just i installed IBM.WebSphere.A pplication.Serv er.V6.0
                  Isn't it enough?

                  Comment

                  • r035198x
                    MVP
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 13225

                    #10
                    Originally posted by analoveu
                    No,Just i installed IBM.WebSphere.A pplication.Serv er.V6.0
                    Isn't it enough?
                    If you are new to jsp find a platform for creating your jsp pages other than using notepad.

                    Comment

                    Working...