reutilize the database connection without close the connection

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dmjpro
    Top Contributor
    • Jan 2007
    • 2476

    #1

    reutilize the database connection without close the connection

    My web application sometimes exceeds the maximum open cursors..
    My database server is oracle9i.
    I want to reutilize the connection without closing the connection.
    How can i trap the idle cursors and close those cursors through my program...
    Plz help me immediately!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
  • r035198x
    MVP
    • Sep 2006
    • 13225

    #2
    Originally posted by dmjpro
    My web application sometimes exceeds the maximum open cursors..
    My database server is oracle9i.
    I want to reutilize the connection without closing the connection.
    How can i trap the idle cursors and close those cursors through my program...
    Plz help me immediately!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    Post the code for the program using code tags. If it is too long post only the part that does the connections

    Comment

    • dmjpro
      Top Contributor
      • Jan 2007
      • 2476

      #3
      thanks for approach.....

      I think u didn't understand my problem.
      There are so many programmers working in this project...
      Some newcomers never close the statement and resutset after executing a query ...
      That's why once upon a time the maximum open cursors exceeds..
      But still the connection is alive but i want the connection to be reutilized without making a new one...
      I want to build a program which constantly requests server ...is maximum opened cursors exceeded or not..If yes then reutilize the connection without closing that connection.
      Is there any way to do it...
      Plz help me............. .....

      Comment

      • r035198x
        MVP
        • Sep 2006
        • 13225

        #4
        Originally posted by dmjpro
        thanks for approach.....

        I think u didn't understand my problem.
        There are so many programmers working in this project...
        Some newcomers never close the statement and resutset after executing a query ...
        That's why once upon a time the maximum open cursors exceeds..
        But still the connection is alive but i want the connection to be reutilized without making a new one...
        I want to build a program which constantly requests server ...is maximum opened cursors exceeded or not..If yes then reutilize the connection without closing that connection.
        Is there any way to do it...
        Plz help me............. .....
        I see. I don't know how to do that without changing the clients code.

        Comment

        Working...