Can't forward from Apache to Tomcat on second instance

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • olegkon@gmail.com

    #1

    Can't forward from Apache to Tomcat on second instance

    Hi,

    I am trying to create 2 separate environments (dev and test) on one
    powerful
    Unix server which has 2 network cards, 2 IP addresses, 2 server
    names...

    Using Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.29/JBoss 3.0.7, mod_jk 2.0.43
    on Solaris 9, Intranet environment, Cocoon apps.

    Everything is fine on the first instance,
    but on the second instance when I do http://server2,
    Apache still can't redirect to second Tomcat/JBoss:

    "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
    an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_jk2/2.0.2 Server at mopppgctxat1.pf izer.com
    Port 80"

    If I do http://server2:8080, getting it all right.

    I made all internal ports on the second instance different from the
    first:
    e.g. 8080->8180, 8009->8109, etc.
    Even tried to change "Listen <ip2>:80" to 81, same error.

    Curiously, jk2.properties is totally commented out.
    I haven't compiled mod_jk, just copied the binary from the 1st
    instance.
    Can that be a problem ?


    Any help is very appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Oleg.

  • steepyirl

    #2
    Re: Can't forward from Apache to Tomcat on second instance

    Please post what you have in workers.propert ies and the virtual host
    section of httpd.conf on your apache. Thanks.

    Comment

    Working...