Help with ChromatogramApplet notinited

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Emre Sevinc

    #1

    Help with ChromatogramApplet notinited

    Hi,

    I'm simply trying to run that small bioinformatic Java utility,
    locally on my computer:

    "Chromatogr am Applet, Release 1, 6/30/96
    by Eugen Buehler"

    I don't have problem with Java because the version at that
    site works without a single problem in my browsers:



    However after I follow the installation instructions at:



    and try to view an HTML I created (and some sample .abi files):


    =============== =============== =============== =============== ===========
    <applet code="Chromatog ramApplet.class " width=600 height=300>
    <param name="file" value="NH-FV-OB-FactorV-F.abi">
    <H2>If you see this text, it means that you are not using a java
    capable browser. Sorry!</H2>
    </applet>
    =============== =============== =============== =============== ==============

    I always get this error:

    Applet ChromatogramApp let notinited
    Load Applet failed...

    I have all the .class files, .html file and the .abi files
    in the same directory but I cannot manage to run the applet.
    I have done exactly as it says on its website. I don't think
    I have problem with java runtime because if I had then I wouldn't
    able to view the same applet on another site? What may I be
    doing wrong?

    I hope somebody can help.

    If somebody wants to experiment I can send them the .abi file
    that is passed as parameter. If somebody can run this in her/his
    computer locally maybe she/he can tell me how it was possible.

    Thanks in advance,

    Emre Sevinc
    Istanbul Bilgi University
Working...