I have set up Apache Axis with a Resin server. Everything seems to be
set up correctly, axis will validate if I display the
http://axis.scharlemann.com/axis/happyaxis.jsp file. However when I
attempt to run a simple web service example
(http://ws.apache.org/axis/ click on publishing web service for the
Calculator example) I get the following error:
#: java samples/userguide/example2/CalcClient -p80 add 2 5
Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap .org/soap/envelope/}Server.userExc eption
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAX ParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
org.xml.sax.SAX ParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.apache.xerc es.parsers.Abst ractSAXParser.p arse(Unknown
Source)
at javax.xml.parse rs.SAXParser.pa rse(SAXParser.j ava:345)
at org.apache.axis .encoding.Deser ializationConte xtImpl.parse(De serializationCo ntextImpl.java: 242)
at org.apache.axis .SOAPPart.getAs SOAPEnvelope(SO APPart.java:538 )
at org.apache.axis .Message.getSOA PEnvelope(Messa ge.java:376)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in vokeEngine(Call .java:2583)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2553)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2248)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2171)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 1691)
at samples.usergui de.example2.Cal cClient.main(Ca lcClient.java:9 8)
org.xml.sax.SAX ParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.apache.axis .AxisFault.make Fault(AxisFault .java:129)
at org.apache.axis .SOAPPart.getAs SOAPEnvelope(SO APPart.java:543 )
at org.apache.axis .Message.getSOA PEnvelope(Messa ge.java:376)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in vokeEngine(Call .java:2583)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2553)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2248)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2171)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 1691)
at samples.usergui de.example2.Cal cClient.main(Ca lcClient.java:9 8)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAX ParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
at org.apache.xerc es.parsers.Abst ractSAXParser.p arse(Unknown
Source)
at javax.xml.parse rs.SAXParser.pa rse(SAXParser.j ava:345)
at org.apache.axis .encoding.Deser ializationConte xtImpl.parse(De serializationCo ntextImpl.java: 242)
at org.apache.axis .SOAPPart.getAs SOAPEnvelope(SO APPart.java:538 )
... 7 more
I think it might have something to do with the xml parser that I am
using, but I have defined xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.j ar in my
CLASSPATH. Is there another parser defined in my class path somewhere
or is it something else?
Thank you!
set up correctly, axis will validate if I display the
http://axis.scharlemann.com/axis/happyaxis.jsp file. However when I
attempt to run a simple web service example
(http://ws.apache.org/axis/ click on publishing web service for the
Calculator example) I get the following error:
#: java samples/userguide/example2/CalcClient -p80 add 2 5
Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap .org/soap/envelope/}Server.userExc eption
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAX ParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
org.xml.sax.SAX ParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.apache.xerc es.parsers.Abst ractSAXParser.p arse(Unknown
Source)
at javax.xml.parse rs.SAXParser.pa rse(SAXParser.j ava:345)
at org.apache.axis .encoding.Deser ializationConte xtImpl.parse(De serializationCo ntextImpl.java: 242)
at org.apache.axis .SOAPPart.getAs SOAPEnvelope(SO APPart.java:538 )
at org.apache.axis .Message.getSOA PEnvelope(Messa ge.java:376)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in vokeEngine(Call .java:2583)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2553)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2248)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2171)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 1691)
at samples.usergui de.example2.Cal cClient.main(Ca lcClient.java:9 8)
org.xml.sax.SAX ParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.apache.axis .AxisFault.make Fault(AxisFault .java:129)
at org.apache.axis .SOAPPart.getAs SOAPEnvelope(SO APPart.java:543 )
at org.apache.axis .Message.getSOA PEnvelope(Messa ge.java:376)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in vokeEngine(Call .java:2583)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2553)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2248)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 2171)
at org.apache.axis .client.Call.in voke(Call.java: 1691)
at samples.usergui de.example2.Cal cClient.main(Ca lcClient.java:9 8)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAX ParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
at org.apache.xerc es.parsers.Abst ractSAXParser.p arse(Unknown
Source)
at javax.xml.parse rs.SAXParser.pa rse(SAXParser.j ava:345)
at org.apache.axis .encoding.Deser ializationConte xtImpl.parse(De serializationCo ntextImpl.java: 242)
at org.apache.axis .SOAPPart.getAs SOAPEnvelope(SO APPart.java:538 )
... 7 more
I think it might have something to do with the xml parser that I am
using, but I have defined xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.j ar in my
CLASSPATH. Is there another parser defined in my class path somewhere
or is it something else?
Thank you!
Comment