Programatically fillling JSP form

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • David Busch

    #1

    Programatically fillling JSP form

    Does anyone know of a way to fill in a JSP form programatically ?

    Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

    Dave


  • Jeroen Wenting

    #2
    Re: Programatically fillling JSP form

    <input type="text" id="field1" name="field1" value="<%=
    bean1.getField1 Value() %>"/>

    where bean1.getField1 Value() gives the value you want to populate the form
    with.



    "David Busch" <dbusch@teletra cker.com> wrote in message
    news:YKqKa.1115 89$MJ5.32520@fe d1read03...[color=blue]
    > Does anyone know of a way to fill in a JSP form programatically ?
    >
    > Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Are Nybakk

      #3
      Re: Programatically fillling JSP form

      David Busch wrote:
      Does anyone know of a way to fill in a JSP form programatically ?
      >
      Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
      >
      Dave
      >
      >
      I'm not sure if I understand your question, but you can obtain data from
      the request- or sessionobject with expression language quite easily:
      ${sessionScope. object}
      ${requestScope. object}

      Comment

      • Karl

        #4
        Re: Programatically fillling JSP form

        Are Nybakk <news@arenybakk .comwrote in
        news:EuKdnT1Lwd ufbJLa4p2dnAA@t elenor.com:
        David Busch wrote:
        >Does anyone know of a way to fill in a JSP form programatically ?
        >>
        >Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
        >>
        >Dave
        >>
        >>
        >
        I'm not sure if I understand your question, but you can obtain data from
        the request- or sessionobject with expression language quite easily:
        ${sessionScope. object}
        ${requestScope. object}
        >
        Hi,
        If I understand your question correctly you want the form to be
        filled up when the browser comes up, programatically .. Something like
        a macro. If so look at Ruby's Gem Watir. It is easy to use
        (http://wtr.rubyforge.org/).

        If you mean you want to set the values before the JSP is
        compiled/displayed then you can do so in the JSP itself, using the
        session or request --setAttribute. Hope this is helpful.
        Karl.

        Comment

        Working...