Dynmaic Flash using SQL

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ziycon
    Contributor
    • Sep 2008
    • 384

    #1

    Dynmaic Flash using SQL

    Is it possible to build sql queries into flash so that when the flash loads on the page it will retrieve the latest data from the database?
  • Markus
    Recognized Expert Expert
    • Jun 2007
    • 6092

    #2
    Originally posted by ziycon
    Is it possible to build sql queries into flash so that when the flash loads on the page it will retrieve the latest data from the database?
    You do not directly interface with your SQL database through Flash. You will use some 'middle-man' or server-side scripting/programming language, such as PHP as ASP(.NET).

    Have a look at this article[1].

    [1] http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti..._php_mysql.htm

    Comment

    • phobia1
      New Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 18

      #3
      Hi I am wanting to do the same. Have managed to get XML output from my mYSQL database. Now I try with Flash. Where to put the URL?
      so far I have this
      1. //load xml
      2. var xmlLoader:URLLo ader = new URLLoader();
      3. var xmlData:XML = new XML();
      4. var xmlPath:String = "image-scroller.xml";
      5. xmlLoader.load( new URLRequest(xmlP ath));
      6. trace("loading xml from: "+xmlPath);
      7. xmlLoader.addEv entListener(Eve nt.COMPLETE, LoadXML);
      8.
      9. function LoadXML(e:Event ):void {
      10. trace("xml loading complete");
      11. xmlData = new XML(e.target.da ta);
      12. trace(xmlData.i mage); //we'll see each image xml element listed in the output panel with this xmlList
      13.}
      where at line 4 I give a manual list, can list be automated?

      Comment

      • phobia1
        New Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 18

        #4
        I looked at the example for this, created a dymanic text field, converted to movie, but cannot add the code snippet as instructed to this field. Maybe I did something wrong
        Attached Files

        Comment

        Working...