Macromedia error

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nethajireddy
    New Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 83

    #1

    Macromedia error

    ---------------------------
    Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
    ---------------------------
    While executing getCurrentValue in AddressURL.htm, a JavaScript error occurred.
    ---------------------------
    OK Cancel
    ---------------------------


    The above error is coming in designer system, uninstalled and installed once again but not rectified, can any one give the step by step solution for the above error, and possible explain boss...
    Thanks in advance to techies...
  • sandyw
    New Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 122

    #2
    not sure what are you doing.
    can you please show me you code (actions) for this.

    sandy..

    ps make sure you have http://www.yoursite.(w hat ever your domian is)

    Comment

    • missminki
      New Member
      • Sep 2007
      • 1

      #3
      Originally posted by nethajireddy
      ---------------------------
      Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
      ---------------------------
      While executing getCurrentValue in AddressURL.htm, a JavaScript error occurred.
      ---------------------------
      OK Cancel
      ---------------------------


      The above error is coming in designer system, uninstalled and installed once again but not rectified, can any one give the step by step solution for the above error, and possible explain boss...
      Thanks in advance to techies...
      I had this problem and searched high and low for an answer. Finally I have found it. See if this works ... (presuming you haven't already solved it)

      With Dreamweaver closed -

      Apparently the problem is caused by the toolbars ..I managed to solve the problem by renaming "toolbars.x ml" to "toolbars.xml.o rig" in this folder: C:\Program Files\Macromedi a\Dreamweaver MX\Configuratio n\Toolbars

      You may need to show the full extension of the file if this is switched off, so that you can edit it properly.

      Now restart Dreamweaver and (fingers crossed) the problem should be solved!

      Comment

      • terrieryorkshire
        New Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 1

        #4
        Thank you so much!! That fixed the problem.

        Comment

        • fallenchicago
          New Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 1

          #5
          Just wanted to say thanks! This was driving me crazy! Clear, conscience and effective. Wish every answer was like that.

          Cheers!

          Comment

          • cakecop
            New Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 1

            #6
            Hey
            Thanks

            I had this problem for a week and I had renameds toolbars.xml to xx_toolbars.xml . This did not fix it, and I was cursing my PC.

            Then I saw your message and renamed toolbars.xml.or g and it solved the problem.

            Best to you,
            David

            Comment

            • dhauraney
              New Member
              • Oct 2008
              • 1

              #7
              Thank you SO MUCH for this fix. This problem has been driving me crazy also and I'm so relieved to have it eliminated!

              Sincerely,
              David

              Comment

              • visitob
                New Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 1

                #8
                I didn't have any luck renaming the extension to toolbars.xml.or g or orig, but I removed some of the code from the file...it worked, just wondering if this is going to cause more issues. I haven't noticed any.

                Comment

                Working...