Hi everybody,
I installed DB2 version 7 a few times, I always had some issues with the installation. Now finally seems to be ok, but there is something weird when I want to copy a table from one system to another:
In Control Center I can see 3 instances of DB2 on my local machine:
DB2 (LOCAL) - containing no database
DB2CTLSV - containing 2 databases:
- SATCTLDB
- TEST
DB2 (TCP/IP) - containing no database
When I select a table from another system, right click, choose copy, as I specify the target table, if I choose the instance DB2 (LOCAL), I can see those 2 databases (SATCTLDB and TEST from DB2CTLSV instance)
If I choose the DB2CTLSV instance, in the Database combo nothing shows up.
This is very weird, they appear opposite as it shows them in Control Center.
Actually when I choose the target database TEST, choosing DB2 (LOCAL) as instance, the copy operation will execute and the table will be in the right place under the DB2CTLSV instance in the TEST database.
Anybody has an idea what can cause this?
Thank you,
Steven
I installed DB2 version 7 a few times, I always had some issues with the installation. Now finally seems to be ok, but there is something weird when I want to copy a table from one system to another:
In Control Center I can see 3 instances of DB2 on my local machine:
DB2 (LOCAL) - containing no database
DB2CTLSV - containing 2 databases:
- SATCTLDB
- TEST
DB2 (TCP/IP) - containing no database
When I select a table from another system, right click, choose copy, as I specify the target table, if I choose the instance DB2 (LOCAL), I can see those 2 databases (SATCTLDB and TEST from DB2CTLSV instance)
If I choose the DB2CTLSV instance, in the Database combo nothing shows up.
This is very weird, they appear opposite as it shows them in Control Center.
Actually when I choose the target database TEST, choosing DB2 (LOCAL) as instance, the copy operation will execute and the table will be in the right place under the DB2CTLSV instance in the TEST database.
Anybody has an idea what can cause this?
Thank you,
Steven