DB2 V9 Installation Problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James

    #1

    DB2 V9 Installation Problem

    I am going to install DB2 version 9 on Windows XP workstation. But I
    can not continue the installation after I issue the command "setup /i
    en". System shows me that "A major error occoured while installing DB2
    on this computer".



    The following is a part of the installation log.

    Action ended 22:43:57: SetInitialPrope rtiesCA. Return value 1.
    Action 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
    Action start 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
    1: The current directory for the process has now been changed to C:
    \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001
    1: Failed to create the C:\DOCUME~1\ADM INI~1\LOCALS~1\ Temp\_DB20001\C N
    \db2istring_v9. dll file
    1: Failed to copy string file zh_CN_ISTRING_B INARY to C:
    \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001\CN\ db2istring_v9.d ll.
    Action ended 22:44:02: StreamLibrarysC A. Return value 1.
    Action 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
    Action start 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
    Action ended 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA . Return value 1.


    The following is my current Java version. I guess installation failed
    due to Java.

    java version "1.5.0"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
    pwi32dev-20070201 (SR4))
    IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
    j9vmwi3223-20070201 (JIT enabled)
    J9VM - 20070131_11312_ lHdSMR
    JIT - 20070109_1805if x1_r8
    GC - 200701_09)
    JCL - 20070131

    Any advice? Thanks in advance!

    James

  • Dan van Ginhoven

    #2
    Re: DB2 V9 Installation Problem

    Hi.

    I had a similar problem on a computer where the default locale was Swedish.
    If you have a locale other than english:
    * Select a Customized installation.
    * When you get the screen where you can choose language, deselect all
    languages but english.
    /dg



    "James" <huyuhui@gmail. comwrote in message
    news:1180968729 .835252.230500@ g37g2000prf.goo glegroups.com.. .
    I am going to install DB2 version 9 on Windows XP workstation. But I
    can not continue the installation after I issue the command "setup /i
    en". System shows me that "A major error occoured while installing DB2
    on this computer".
    >
    >
    >
    The following is a part of the installation log.
    >
    Action ended 22:43:57: SetInitialPrope rtiesCA. Return value 1.
    Action 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
    Action start 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
    1: The current directory for the process has now been changed to C:
    \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001
    1: Failed to create the C:\DOCUME~1\ADM INI~1\LOCALS~1\ Temp\_DB20001\C N
    \db2istring_v9. dll file
    1: Failed to copy string file zh_CN_ISTRING_B INARY to C:
    \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001\CN\ db2istring_v9.d ll.
    Action ended 22:44:02: StreamLibrarysC A. Return value 1.
    Action 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
    Action start 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
    Action ended 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA . Return value 1.
    >
    >
    The following is my current Java version. I guess installation failed
    due to Java.
    >
    java version "1.5.0"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
    pwi32dev-20070201 (SR4))
    IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
    j9vmwi3223-20070201 (JIT enabled)
    J9VM - 20070131_11312_ lHdSMR
    JIT - 20070109_1805if x1_r8
    GC - 200701_09)
    JCL - 20070131
    >
    Any advice? Thanks in advance!
    >
    James
    >

    Comment

    • James

      #3
      Re: DB2 V9 Installation Problem

      On Jun 5, 12:41 am, "Dan van Ginhoven" <danfa...@hotma il.comwrote:
      Hi.
      >
      I had a similar problem on a computer where the default locale was Swedish.
      If you have a locale other than english:
      * Select a Customized installation.
      * When you get the screen where you can choose language, deselect all
      languages but english.
      /dg
      >
      "James" <huyu...@gmail. comwrote in message
      >
      news:1180968729 .835252.230500@ g37g2000prf.goo glegroups.com.. .
      >
      >
      >
      I am going to install DB2 version 9 on Windows XP workstation. But I
      can not continue the installation after I issue the command "setup /i
      en". System shows me that "A major error occoured while installing DB2
      on this computer".
      >
      The following is a part of the installation log.
      >
      Action ended 22:43:57: SetInitialPrope rtiesCA. Return value 1.
      Action 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
      Action start 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
      1: The current directory for the process has now been changed to C:
      \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001
      1: Failed to create the C:\DOCUME~1\ADM INI~1\LOCALS~1\ Temp\_DB20001\C N
      \db2istring_v9. dll file
      1: Failed to copy string file zh_CN_ISTRING_B INARY to C:
      \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001\CN\ db2istring_v9.d ll.
      Action ended 22:44:02: StreamLibrarysC A. Return value 1.
      Action 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
      Action start 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
      Action ended 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA . Return value 1.
      >
      The following is my current Java version. I guess installation failed
      due to Java.
      >
      java version "1.5.0"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
      pwi32dev-20070201 (SR4))
      IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
      j9vmwi3223-20070201 (JIT enabled)
      J9VM - 20070131_11312_ lHdSMR
      JIT - 20070109_1805if x1_r8
      GC - 200701_09)
      JCL - 20070131
      >
      Any advice? Thanks in advance!
      >
      James- Hide quoted text -
      >
      - Show quoted text -
      But the installation failed on the first screen. Nothing I could do
      before the installation failed.

      Comment

      • Leo Petr

        #4
        Re: DB2 V9 Installation Problem

        On Jun 4, 8:48 pm, James <huyu...@gmail. comwrote:
        On Jun 5, 12:41 am, "Dan van Ginhoven" <danfa...@hotma il.comwrote:
        Hi.
        >
        I had a similar problem on a computer where the default locale was Swedish.
        If you have a locale other than english:
        * Select a Customized installation.
        * When you get the screen where you can choose language, deselect all
        languages but english.
        /dg
        >
        "James" <huyu...@gmail. comwrote in message
        >
        news:1180968729 .835252.230500@ g37g2000prf.goo glegroups.com.. .
        >
        I am going to install DB2 version 9 on Windows XP workstation. But I
        can not continue the installation after I issue the command "setup /i
        en". System shows me that "A major error occoured while installing DB2
        on this computer".
        >
        The following is a part of the installation log.
        >
        Action ended 22:43:57: SetInitialPrope rtiesCA. Return value 1.
        Action 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
        Action start 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
        1: The current directory for the process has now been changed to C:
        \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001
        1: Failed to create the C:\DOCUME~1\ADM INI~1\LOCALS~1\ Temp\_DB20001\C N
        \db2istring_v9. dll file
        1: Failed to copy string file zh_CN_ISTRING_B INARY to C:
        \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001\CN\ db2istring_v9.d ll.
        Action ended 22:44:02: StreamLibrarysC A. Return value 1.
        Action 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
        Action start 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
        Action ended 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA . Return value 1.
        >
        The following is my current Java version. I guess installation failed
        due to Java.
        >
        java version "1.5.0"
        Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
        pwi32dev-20070201 (SR4))
        IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
        j9vmwi3223-20070201 (JIT enabled)
        J9VM - 20070131_11312_ lHdSMR
        JIT - 20070109_1805if x1_r8
        GC - 200701_09)
        JCL - 20070131
        >
        Any advice? Thanks in advance!
        >
        James- Hide quoted text -
        >
        - Show quoted text -
        >
        But the installation failed on the first screen. Nothing I could do
        before the installation failed.
        Are you installing or reinstalling?

        If there are traces of an old installation, you need to run db2unins -
        f from the CD



        --
        Leo Petr


        Comment

        • Leo Petr

          #5
          Re: DB2 V9 Installation Problem

          On Jun 5, 10:18 am, Leo Petr <leons.petrazic ...@gmail.comwr ote:
          On Jun 4, 8:48 pm, James <huyu...@gmail. comwrote:
          >
          >
          >
          On Jun 5, 12:41 am, "Dan van Ginhoven" <danfa...@hotma il.comwrote:
          Hi.
          >
          I had a similar problem on a computer where the default locale was Swedish.
          If you have a locale other than english:
          * Select a Customized installation.
          * When you get the screen where you can choose language, deselect all
          languages but english.
          /dg
          >
          "James" <huyu...@gmail. comwrote in message
          >
          >news:118096872 9.835252.230500 @g37g2000prf.go oglegroups.com. ..
          >
          I am going to install DB2 version 9 on Windows XP workstation. But I
          can not continue the installation after I issue the command "setup /i
          en". System shows me that "A major error occoured while installing DB2
          on this computer".
          >
          The following is a part of the installation log.
          >
          Action ended 22:43:57: SetInitialPrope rtiesCA. Return value 1.
          Action 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
          Action start 22:43:57: StreamLibrarysC A.
          1: The current directory for the process has now been changed to C:
          \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001
          1: Failed to create the C:\DOCUME~1\ADM INI~1\LOCALS~1\ Temp\_DB20001\C N
          \db2istring_v9. dll file
          1: Failed to copy string file zh_CN_ISTRING_B INARY to C:
          \DOCUME~1\ADMIN I~1\LOCALS~1\Te mp\_DB20001\CN\ db2istring_v9.d ll.
          Action ended 22:44:02: StreamLibrarysC A. Return value 1.
          Action 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
          Action start 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA .
          Action ended 22:44:02: InitializeURERu nTimeLocationCA . Return value 1.
          >
          The following is my current Java version. I guess installation failed
          due to Java.
          >
          java version "1.5.0"
          Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
          pwi32dev-20070201 (SR4))
          IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
          j9vmwi3223-20070201 (JIT enabled)
          J9VM - 20070131_11312_ lHdSMR
          JIT - 20070109_1805if x1_r8
          GC - 200701_09)
          JCL - 20070131
          >
          Any advice? Thanks in advance!
          >
          James- Hide quoted text -
          >
          - Show quoted text -
          >
          But the installation failed on the first screen. Nothing I could do
          before the installation failed.
          >
          Are you installing or reinstalling?
          >
          If there are traces of an old installation, you need to run db2unins -
          f from the CD
          >
          http://massif.torolab.ibm.com:8888/h...c=/com.ibm.db2....
          Actually, I meant:

          --
          Leo Petr


          Comment

          Working...