STMM 9.1warning message

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dunleav1

    #1

    STMM 9.1warning message

    I have the following warning message in my db2diag file:

    2007-02-22-10.59.20.426000-300 I624712H529 LEVEL: Warning
    PID : 1012 TID : 4332 PROC : db2syscs.exe
    INSTANCE: DB2 NODE : 000 DB : FLINT
    APPHDL : 0-19 APPID: GA1403A2.P388.0 70222155919
    AUTHID : FLINT
    FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, Self tuning memory manager,
    stmmStartSortDb MonitorIfNecess ary, probe:1465
    MESSAGE : STMM Sort Memory Tuning cannot be activated because the
    Database
    Manager Configuration Parameter SHEAPTHRES is not set to 0.

    However, I can't set SHEAPTHRES to 0 as requested because it's not
    within the valid range of values.
    How do I correct this?

  • Knut Stolze

    #2
    Re: STMM 9.1warning message

    dunleav1 wrote:
    I have the following warning message in my db2diag file:
    >
    2007-02-22-10.59.20.426000-300 I624712H529 LEVEL: Warning
    PID : 1012 TID : 4332 PROC : db2syscs.exe
    INSTANCE: DB2 NODE : 000 DB : FLINT
    APPHDL : 0-19 APPID: GA1403A2.P388.0 70222155919
    AUTHID : FLINT
    FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, Self tuning memory manager,
    stmmStartSortDb MonitorIfNecess ary, probe:1465
    MESSAGE : STMM Sort Memory Tuning cannot be activated because the
    Database
    Manager Configuration Parameter SHEAPTHRES is not set to 0.
    >
    However, I can't set SHEAPTHRES to 0 as requested because it's not
    within the valid range of values.
    How do I correct this?
    No, 0 is valid:


    --
    Knut Stolze
    DB2 z/OS Utilities Development
    IBM Germany

    Comment

    • dunleav1

      #3
      Re: STMM 9.1warning message

      Yes, the documentation states I set the value to 0 but db2cc does not
      let me.
      It's a db2cc bug. The gui will not let me set the value below 250.

      I had to set the value using db2 update dbm config sheapthres=0
      deferred.
      Then stop and start the instance.

      Comment

      Working...