Tablespace rollforward condition

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • morch

    #1

    Tablespace rollforward condition

    Hello,

    I have an oddity on a production database. I get the following from
    the DB CFG :

    Backup pending = NO

    Database is consistent = NO
    Rollforward pending = TABLESPACE
    Restore pending = NO

    but no tablespaces are in a state other than 0 when I do a list
    tablespaces show detail. ?????

    How can I find out which tablespace is in conflict?

    Mairhtin O'Feannag

    aka mairhtin at mairhtin dot com

  • vijay.db@gmail.com

    #2
    Re: Tablespace rollforward condition

    On Jan 30, 11:10 pm, "morch" <f...@mairhtin. comwrote:
    Hello,
    >
    I have an oddity on a production database. I get the following from
    the DB CFG :
    >
    Backup pending = NO
    >
    Database is consistent = NO
    Rollforward pending = TABLESPACE
    Restore pending = NO
    >
    but no tablespaces are in a state other than 0 when I do a list
    tablespaces show detail. ?????
    >
    How can I find out which tablespace is in conflict?
    >
    Mairhtin O'Feannag
    >
    aka mairhtin at mairhtin dot com
    Hi,

    Kindly ensure whether your SYSCAT tablespace is in Consistent state..

    it's
    vj-dba

    Comment

    • morch

      #3
      Re: Tablespace rollforward condition

      All tablespaces are state 0. Including syscat :

      =db2 list tablespaces show detail | grep State
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000
      State = 0x0000


      On Feb 1, 3:43 am, vijay...@gmail. com wrote:
      On Jan 30, 11:10 pm, "morch" <f...@mairhtin. comwrote:
      >
      >
      >
      Hello,
      >
      I have an oddity on a production database. I get the following from
      the DB CFG :
      >
      Backup pending = NO
      >
      Database is consistent = NO
      Rollforward pending = TABLESPACE
      Restore pending = NO
      >
      but no tablespaces are in a state other than 0 when I do a list
      tablespaces show detail. ?????
      >
      How can I find out which tablespace is in conflict?
      >
      Mairhtin O'Feannag
      >
      aka mairhtin at mairhtin dot com
      >
      Hi,
      >
      Kindly ensure whether your SYSCAT tablespace is in Consistent state..
      >
      it's
      vj-dba

      Comment

      • morch

        #4
        Re: Tablespace rollforward condition

        Anyone? Anyone?

        Mairhtin


        On Jan 30, 10:10 am, "morch" <f...@mairhtin. comwrote:
        Hello,
        >
        I have an oddity on a production database. I get the following from
        the DB CFG :
        >
        Backup pending = NO
        >
        Database is consistent = NO
        Rollforward pending = TABLESPACE
        Restore pending = NO
        >
        but no tablespaces are in a state other than 0 when I do a list
        tablespaces show detail. ?????
        >
        How can I find out which tablespace is in conflict?
        >
        Mairhtin O'Feannag
        >
        aka mairhtin at mairhtin dot com

        Comment

        • morch

          #5
          Re: Tablespace rollforward condition

          C'MON... SOMEONE must have an answer to this. :) Please!!

          Mairhtin



          On Jan 30, 10:10 am, "morch" <f...@mairhtin. comwrote:
          Hello,
          >
          I have an oddity on a production database. I get the following from
          the DB CFG :
          >
          Backup pending = NO
          >
          Database is consistent = NO
          Rollforward pending = TABLESPACE
          Restore pending = NO
          >
          but no tablespaces are in a state other than 0 when I do a list
          tablespaces show detail. ?????
          >
          How can I find out which tablespace is in conflict?
          >
          Mairhtin O'Feannag
          >
          aka mairhtin at mairhtin dot com

          Comment

          • Joachim Klassen

            #6
            Re: Tablespace rollforward condition

            On 16 Feb., 23:28, "morch" <f...@mairhtin. comwrote:
            C'MON... SOMEONE must have an answer to this. :) Please!!
            >
            Mairhtin
            >
            On Jan 30, 10:10 am, "morch" <f...@mairhtin. comwrote:
            >
            Hello,
            >
            I have an oddity on a production database. I get the following from
            the DB CFG :
            >
            Backup pending = NO
            >
            Database is consistent = NO
            Rollforward pending = TABLESPACE
            Restore pending = NO
            >
            but no tablespaces are in a state other than 0 when I do a list
            tablespaces show detail. ?????
            >
            How can I find out which tablespace is in conflict?
            >
            Mairhtin O'Feannag
            >
            aka mairhtin at mairhtin dot com
            Weird - a pragmatic method to test it would be:

            Just pick by random a table from each tablespace and do a "select *
            with fetch first 1 rows only". If all selects work well then db2 cfg
            lies - if not you'll know which tablespace has a problem. You can
            generate the necessary select with a sql query like this:
            with temp1 as
            (SELECT max(rtrim(tabsc hema) concat '.' concat rtrim(TABNAME)) as
            TABNAME,TBSPACE ID
            FROM SYSCAT.TABLES where tbspaceid 0
            group by tbspaceid)
            select 'SELECT * FROM ' concat tabname concat ' FETCH FIRST 1 ROWS
            ONLY;' as SELECT_STMT from temp1

            This method will not cover tablespaces where only indexes are stored
            in. In this case you will need to modify the selects in such a way
            that an index access will happen

            HTH
            Joachim

            Comment

            • tony.sardina

              #7
              Re: Tablespace rollforward condition

              On Feb 19, 10:21 am, "Joachim Klassen" <JoKlas...@emai l.comwrote:
              On 16 Feb., 23:28, "morch" <f...@mairhtin. comwrote:
              >
              >
              >
              C'MON... SOMEONE must have an answer to this. :) Please!!
              >
              Mairhtin
              >
              On Jan 30, 10:10 am, "morch" <f...@mairhtin. comwrote:
              >
              Hello,
              >
              I have an oddity on a production database. I get the following from
              the DB CFG :
              >
              Backup pending = NO
              >
              Database is consistent = NO
              Rollforward pending = TABLESPACE
              Restore pending = NO
              >
              but no tablespaces are in a state other than 0 when I do a list
              tablespaces show detail. ?????
              >
              How can I find out which tablespace is in conflict?
              >
              Mairhtin O'Feannag
              >
              aka mairhtin at mairhtin dot com
              >
              Weird - a pragmatic method to test it would be:
              >
              Just pick by random a table from each tablespace and do a "select *
              with fetch first 1 rows only". If all selects work well then db2 cfg
              lies - if not you'll know which tablespace has a problem. You can
              generate the necessary select with a sql query like this:
              with temp1 as
              (SELECT max(rtrim(tabsc hema) concat '.' concat rtrim(TABNAME)) as
              TABNAME,TBSPACE ID
              FROM SYSCAT.TABLES where tbspaceid 0
              group by tbspaceid)
              select 'SELECT * FROM ' concat tabname concat ' FETCH FIRST 1 ROWS
              ONLY;' as SELECT_STMT from temp1
              >
              This method will not cover tablespaces where only indexes are stored
              in. In this case you will need to modify the selects in such a way
              that an index access will happen
              >
              HTH
              Joachim


              Looks like a known bug. I have a couple production databases showing
              the same thing.

              -T

              Comment

              Working...