Avoid data conversion in DB2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bvijai@gmail.com

    #1

    Avoid data conversion in DB2

    Hi,

    I am facing a problem whle importing the DEL files ( encoding: Unicode)
    into a Unicode database.The DEL files have French Characters.I observed
    that the French Character é has been converted to é.
    To avoid this conversion, I used MODIFIED BY CODEPAGE=1208 in the
    IMPORT statement.
    This worked perfectly fine.But now I do not want to modify the IMPORT
    statement. Is there any way by which I can achieve this? Is there any
    command line option which I can use before I import the data. Also, I
    do not want to modify any DEL file encdoing, format,etc.
    Iam using DB2 8.2
    Thanks in advance,

    Vj

  • Phil Sherman

    #2
    Re: Avoid data conversion in DB2

    Have you considered using a CODEPAGE parameter on the export? You will
    need to set the codepage to the codepage of the system you are using for
    the IMPORT command.

    Phil Sherman



    bvijai@gmail.co m wrote:
    Hi,
    >
    I am facing a problem whle importing the DEL files ( encoding: Unicode)
    into a Unicode database.The DEL files have French Characters.I observed
    that the French Character é has been converted to é.
    To avoid this conversion, I used MODIFIED BY CODEPAGE=1208 in the
    IMPORT statement.
    This worked perfectly fine.But now I do not want to modify the IMPORT
    statement. Is there any way by which I can achieve this? Is there any
    command line option which I can use before I import the data. Also, I
    do not want to modify any DEL file encdoing, format,etc.
    Iam using DB2 8.2
    Thanks in advance,
    >
    Vj
    >

    Comment

    • bvijai@gmail.com

      #3
      Re: Avoid data conversion in DB2

      Hi Phil,

      Thanks for your reply.
      What I did was, I set up the registry variable DB2CODEPAGE =1208 even
      before I created the Unicode database using the db2set command.
      This solved my problem.

      Thanks once again,
      Vijay


      Phil Sherman wrote:
      Have you considered using a CODEPAGE parameter on the export? You will
      need to set the codepage to the codepage of the system you are using for
      the IMPORT command.
      >
      Phil Sherman
      >
      >
      >
      bvijai@gmail.co m wrote:
      Hi,

      I am facing a problem whle importing the DEL files ( encoding: Unicode)
      into a Unicode database.The DEL files have French Characters.I observed
      that the French Character é has been converted to é.
      To avoid this conversion, I used MODIFIED BY CODEPAGE=1208 in the
      IMPORT statement.
      This worked perfectly fine.But now I do not want to modify the IMPORT
      statement. Is there any way by which I can achieve this? Is there any
      command line option which I can use before I import the data. Also, I
      do not want to modify any DEL file encdoing, format,etc.
      Iam using DB2 8.2
      Thanks in advance,

      Vj

      Comment

      Working...