multithreading

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • babu198649
    New Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 22

    #1

    multithreading

    hi
    how to start learning multithreading. Is multithreading related to OS in which program is running.
    thanks in advance
  • sicarie
    Recognized Expert Specialist
    • Nov 2006
    • 4677

    #2
    Originally posted by babu198649
    hi
    how to start learning multithreading. Is multithreading related to OS in which program is running.
    thanks in advance
    Google ?

    Comment

    • weaknessforcats
      Recognized Expert Expert
      • Mar 2007
      • 9214

      #3
      If you are going to do this using Windows, it is essential that you get a copy of Windows via C/C++ by Jeffrey Richter 2007. You will be interested in Chapters 4-12.

      Comment

      • mvjohn100
        New Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 57

        #4
        Concept of thread is already in almost all OS. But the Implementation code may varies.

        Comment

        • IanWright
          New Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 179

          #5
          Originally posted by babu198649
          hi
          how to start learning multithreading. Is multithreading related to OS in which program is running.
          thanks in advance
          I don't know much about the various techniques but I used pThreads recently for some code which seem to have worked very nicely and the same code runs under both Windows and Linux.

          You'll also find that if you search for pthreads in google there are some very useful descriptions and examples. Unfortunately I can't remember the link to my favourite page, but I'm sure a bit of searching will uncover what you need.

          Comment

          Working...