ISAM file opening error

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • amit.atray@gmail.com

    #1

    ISAM file opening error

    Hi,

    I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
    But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.

    I tried to check 111 error code ...

    111 ENOREC
    Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
    in the specified position.

    I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
    record is not there.
    But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

    Thanks

  • santosh

    #2
    Re: ISAM file opening error


    amit.at...@gmai l.com wrote:
    Hi,
    >
    I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
    But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.
    >
    I tried to check 111 error code ...
    >
    111 ENOREC
    Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
    in the specified position.
    >
    I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
    record is not there.
    But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???
    This is not really a Standard C question. You need to ask in a group
    more specific to the particular database system you're using.

    Comment

    • Jens Thoms Toerring

      #3
      Re: ISAM file opening error

      amit.atray@gmai l.com wrote:
      I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
      But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.
      I tried to check 111 error code ...
      111 ENOREC
      Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
      in the specified position.
      I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
      record is not there.
      But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???
      This not a question in any way related to C but about a certain
      library (that may be written in C, but that doesn't make it a
      C problem), probably a (of possibly many) library for dealing
      with ISAM files. To get an answer to your question you will
      have to find a group where discussions of ISAM libraries are
      on-topic, probably some group dedicated to database program-
      ming.
      Regards, Jens
      --
      \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ jt@toerring.de
      \______________ ____________ http://toerring.de

      Comment

      • Kenny McCormack

        #4
        Re: ISAM file opening error

        In article <5f43vlF3albtkU 1@mid.uni-berlin.de>,
        Jens Thoms Toerring <jt@toerring.de wrote:
        >amit.atray@gma il.com wrote:
        >I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
        >But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.
        >
        >I tried to check 111 error code ...
        >
        >111 ENOREC
        >Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
        >in the specified position.
        >
        >I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
        >record is not there.
        >But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???
        >
        >This not a question in any way related to C but about a certain
        >library (that may be written in C, but that doesn't make it a
        >C problem), probably a (of possibly many) library for dealing
        >with ISAM files. To get an answer to your question you will
        >have to find a group where discussions of ISAM libraries are
        >on-topic, probably some group dedicated to database program-
        >ming.
        IOW:

        Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

        Useful clc-related links:





        Comment

        • user923005

          #5
          Re: ISAM file opening error

          On Jul 5, 4:06 am, amit.at...@gmai l.com wrote:
          Hi,
          >
          I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
          But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.
          >
          I tried to check 111 error code ...
          >
          111 ENOREC
          Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
          in the specified position.
          >
          I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
          record is not there.
          But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???
          You want news:comp.datab ases.informix (follow-up set).

          Is the file empty?

          Comment

          Working...