Intel c/c++ on linux system.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nikaggel

    #1

    Intel c/c++ on linux system.

    Before state the question, I have to apologize of not having time to post
    to intel forum , which is more proper, for this type of question.
    :QUESTION
    I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
    I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
    later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
    it does work.
    When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
    "
    command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420

    compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
    "


    Any solution?
    At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
    Any better from reinstalling anything?
  • Tim Prince

    #2
    Re: Intel c/c++ on linux system.

    nikaggel wrote:[color=blue]
    > I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
    > I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
    > later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
    > it does work.
    > When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
    > "
    > command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420
    >
    > compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
    > "
    >
    >
    > Any solution?
    > At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
    > Any better from reinstalling anything?[/color]
    Yes, you're Off Topic in most forums where you'd like to post, more so,
    with your cross posting.
    This is one of the reasons why I install gcc-4.2 in a directory off the
    default PATH. As long as you have gcc-4.0 or earlier on the PATH, icc
    will not complain.
    You can't expect full compatibility with a development gcc version,
    particularly on the C++ side.

    Comment

    • Jack Klein

      #3
      Re: Intel c/c++ on linux system.

      On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 03:07:51 +0300, nikaggel <news@Bernays.m shome.net>
      wrote in comp.lang.c:
      [color=blue]
      > Before state the question, I have to apologize of not having time to post
      > to intel forum , which is more proper, for this type of question.
      > :QUESTION[/color]

      What makes you think your problem with time entitles you to waste the
      time and bandwidth of two groups where your question is completely off
      topic?
      [color=blue]
      > I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
      > I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
      > later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
      > it does work.
      > When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
      > "
      > command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420
      >
      > compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
      > "[/color]

      Let's see, none of Intel, Suse, Linux, gcc, or "cvs trunk" is
      mentioned in either the C or C++ ISO standards.
      [color=blue]
      > Any solution?
      > At least how to fake so be able to compile , until i upgrade intel, too.
      > Any better from reinstalling anything?[/color]

      Maybe you should find the time to post to the Intel forums.

      --
      Jack Klein
      Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
      FAQs for
      comp.lang.c http://c-faq.com/
      comp.lang.c++ http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
      alt.comp.lang.l earn.c-c++

      Comment

      • Keith Thompson

        #4
        Re: Intel c/c++ on linux system.

        nikaggel <news@Bernays.m shome.net> writes:[color=blue]
        > Before state the question, I have to apologize of not having
        > time to post to intel forum , which is more proper, for this type of
        > question.
        > :QUESTION
        > I installed intel c/c++ on suse linux 10.0. It worked fine.
        > I decided to upgrade the gcc version that is included in the package to a
        > later one. I took from the cvs trunk the 4.2.0 . Testsuites ok. I can say
        > it does work.
        > When I try to compile with icpc/icc i have the following .
        > "
        > command-line error: invalid GNU version number: 420
        >
        > compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)
        > "[/color]

        This is a compiler question, not a language question.

        You say you didn't have time to post to the Intel forum. You've
        probably wasted more time posting here, where nobody necessarily knows
        anything about Intel's compilers, than you've saved (?) by not posting
        in the Intel forum in the first place.

        --
        Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keit h) kst-u@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
        San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
        We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.

        Comment

        Working...