Need Web reference and forums to learn C++

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Geek

    #1

    Need Web reference and forums to learn C++

    Hi guys,

    I have a question regarding learning C++. I graduated with a Computer
    Science degree. recently I have found out that I need to learn
    languages better and professionaly. I am interested in learning for
    windows programming also I have a questions where should I start. I
    know the basics of most of the languages. I need to learn how to put
    the parts together such as that I can have a working software package
    rather then small pieces of softwares. I am also interested in learning
    how to extend the webservers, and functionality. Any help in this
    regard will be appreciated. Can you please also refer any such good
    forums regarding programming or magazines of web resources. Thanks!

  • Phlip

    #2
    Re: Need Web reference and forums to learn C++

    Geek wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > I have a question regarding learning C++. I graduated with a Computer
    > Science degree. recently I have found out that I need to learn
    > languages better and professionaly.[/color]

    Oh goody. Yet another college has produced a philosopher, ready to get a gig
    in the Philosophy Department of some big company.
    [color=blue]
    > I am interested in learning for
    > windows programming also I have a questions where should I start.[/color]

    Download this:



    It is a very light, very flexible language called Ruby, and that installer
    comes with several windowing libraries. Spark one up and dive in.

    Yes you will also need to learn C++ (especially as the rate at which Java
    and C# is tanking projects becomes clear). You will also need to learn how
    to write clean programs, how OO works, and how windows work, without
    getting mired in the raw details that C++ forces you to consider.
    [color=blue]
    > I
    > know the basics of most of the languages. I need to learn how to put
    > the parts together such as that I can have a working software package
    > rather then small pieces of softwares.[/color]

    Right; programs need installers, data files in simple formats (such as XML),
    and ways to glue large modules together simply. Research ActiveX.
    [color=blue]
    > I am also interested in learning
    > how to extend the webservers, and functionality.[/color]

    Google for a tutorial on CGI. There are zillions of those, including for
    Ruby.

    --
    Phlip
    http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!!

    Comment

    • Geek

      #3
      Re: Need Web reference and forums to learn C++


      Phlip wrote:[color=blue]
      > Geek wrote:
      >[color=green]
      > > I have a question regarding learning C++. I graduated with a Computer
      > > Science degree. recently I have found out that I need to learn
      > > languages better and professionaly.[/color]
      >
      > Oh goody. Yet another college has produced a philosopher, ready to get a gig
      > in the Philosophy Department of some big company.
      >[color=green]
      > > I am interested in learning for
      > > windows programming also I have a questions where should I start.[/color]
      >
      > Download this:
      >
      > http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinstaller/
      >
      > It is a very light, very flexible language called Ruby, and that installer
      > comes with several windowing libraries. Spark one up and dive in.
      >
      > Yes you will also need to learn C++ (especially as the rate at which Java
      > and C# is tanking projects becomes clear). You will also need to learn how
      > to write clean programs, how OO works, and how windows work, without
      > getting mired in the raw details that C++ forces you to consider.
      >[color=green]
      > > I
      > > know the basics of most of the languages. I need to learn how to put
      > > the parts together such as that I can have a working software package
      > > rather then small pieces of softwares.[/color]
      >
      > Right; programs need installers, data files in simple formats (such as XML),
      > and ways to glue large modules together simply. Research ActiveX.
      >[color=green]
      > > I am also interested in learning
      > > how to extend the webservers, and functionality.[/color]
      >
      > Google for a tutorial on CGI. There are zillions of those, including for
      > Ruby.
      >
      > --
      > Phlip
      > http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!![/color]



      Thanks so much for your help on this.

      Comment

      Working...