Shell program execution -yafray

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mcmillanje@gmail.com

    #1

    Shell program execution -yafray

    HI! I'm hoping to make a simple c++ program to execute yafray, (xml
    based cgi renderer, I use it with blender). The syntax to enter in
    command prompt, (or dos, if you don't have windows open, or unix
    shell), is:


    yafray filename.xml


    I've looked around but I can't seem to find a command to do this. Does
    anyone know how?

    The reason I'd like to make this is to execute yafray, wait till its
    done, then execute it for the next frame of the animation then wait
    etc.

    I think you can do this with a shell script in unix but I have yafray
    on windows. I'd also like to boot to dos and use it...

    sorry if this is the wrong spot to plea for help... i'm just a little
    desperate.

  • Ian Collins

    #2
    Re: Shell program execution -yafray

    mcmillanje@gmai l.com wrote:[color=blue]
    > HI! I'm hoping to make a simple c++ program to execute yafray, (xml
    > based cgi renderer, I use it with blender). The syntax to enter in
    > command prompt, (or dos, if you don't have windows open, or unix
    > shell), is:
    >
    >
    > yafray filename.xml
    >
    >
    > I've looked around but I can't seem to find a command to do this. Does
    > anyone know how?
    >[/color]
    Look up system() and popen().

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Comment

    Working...