Parallel Program

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chellappa

    #1

    Parallel Program

    Hi All,
    I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
    using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
    process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
    using thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
    manner
    advance thanks
    by
    chellappa

  • slebetman@yahoo.com

    #2
    Re: Parallel Program

    chellappa wrote:[color=blue]
    > Hi All,
    > I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
    > using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
    > process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
    > using thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
    > manner
    > advance thanks
    > by
    > chellappa[/color]

    How to create threads depends on your OS & available API. But since you
    have fork I'm assuming you have at least some POSIX compatability.
    Google "pthread" to learn about threads.

    Comment

    • pete

      #3
      Re: Parallel Program

      chellappa wrote:[color=blue]
      >
      > Hi All,
      > I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
      > using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
      > process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
      > using
      > thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
      > manner
      > advance thanks[/color]

      news:comp.unix. programmer



      --
      pete

      Comment

      • Barry

        #4
        Re: Parallel Program


        "chellappa" <N.Chellappa@gm ail.com> wrote in message
        news:1131708752 .540512.56060@g 49g2000cwa.goog legroups.com...[color=blue]
        > Hi All,
        > I need information running two function in parallel manner with out
        > using fork .. because i am trying to use fork ..but fork create two
        > process ..i will done through any other methods,one of my friend told
        > using thread.please help how to use thread run two program in parallel
        > manner
        > advance thanks
        > by
        > chellappa
        >[/color]

        You cannot run two programs in parallel using threads.


        Comment

        • Christopher Benson-Manica

          #5
          Re: Parallel Program

          chellappa <N.Chellappa@gm ail.com> wrote:
          [color=blue]
          > I need information running two function in parallel manner with out[/color]

          [OT snipped]

          Please do not feed the trolls.

          --
          Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
          ataru(at)cybers pace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.

          Comment

          • Kenny McCormack

            #6
            Re: Parallel Program

            In article <dl26sl$8k8$1@c hessie.cirr.com >,
            Christopher Benson-Manica <ataru@nospam.c yberspace.org> wrote:[color=blue]
            >chellappa <N.Chellappa@gm ail.com> wrote:
            >[color=green]
            >> I need information running two function in parallel manner with out[/color]
            >
            >[OT snipped]
            >
            >Please do not feed the trolls.[/color]

            Or, to put it more succinctly:

            Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

            Comment

            Working...