[FAQ] updated version ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gregg

    #1

    [FAQ] updated version ?

    Hello,

    I'm trying to locate the up-to-date version of the FAQ for c.l.c, and i
    found this: ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/s/scs/C-faq/faq.Z

    Problem is, it seems to date back to 1999.
    I suppose there are a couple of update which have occured since then ?

    Where can I download a newer version ?
    (ideally, this would be a compressed split-html version, but I'll gladly
    take a text version anyway :)

    Thank you,
    gregg
  • Mike Wahler

    #2
    Re: [FAQ] updated version ?


    "gregg" <greggory@netJU STSAYNOcourrier .com> wrote in message
    news:40953f25$0 $27667$636a15ce @news.free.fr.. .[color=blue]
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to locate the up-to-date version of the FAQ for c.l.c, and i
    > found this: ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/s/scs/C-faq/faq.Z
    >
    > Problem is, it seems to date back to 1999.
    > I suppose there are a couple of update which have occured since then ?
    >
    > Where can I download a newer version ?
    > (ideally, this would be a compressed split-html version, but I'll gladly
    > take a text version anyway :)
    >
    > Thank you,
    > gregg[/color]



    -Mike


    Comment

    • gregg

      #3
      Re: [FAQ] updated version ?

      Mike Wahler wrote:
      [color=blue]
      > http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html[/color]

      oh, right. thanks

      (i thought i could grab a newer one, but that'll do ;)
      thx

      ++

      Comment

      • Irrwahn Grausewitz

        #4
        Re: [FAQ] updated version ?

        gregg <greggory@netJU STSAYNOcourrier .com> wrote:[color=blue]
        >Mike Wahler wrote:
        >[color=green]
        >> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html[/color]
        >
        >oh, right. thanks
        >
        >(i thought i could grab a newer one, but that'll do ;)[/color]

        From http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/versions.html :

        # (Beware: as of 1999, the web-based version is somewhat
        # out-of-date with respect to the plain-text versions below.)

        The HTML version is *not* the most up-to-date version of the FAQ.
        Hint: compare the answers to Q6.14 in both versions. I suggest
        to use the plain text version, whenever possible.

        Regards
        --
        Irrwahn Grausewitz (irrwahn33@free net.de)
        welcome to clc: http://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/clc.welcome.txt
        clc faq-list : http://www.faqs.org/faqs/C-faq/faq/
        clc OT guide : http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html

        Comment

        Working...