GUI and c/c++

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Andrew Farrington

    #1

    GUI and c/c++

    I have done a little bit of c programming before, just the basics mind
    you. I would like to be able to implement GUIs in c/c++. I know that you
    have to use different libraries than the standard ones included with
    c/c++. Can anyone recommend any and how I would go about teaching myself
    some basic GUIs. I would preferrably NOT like to use visual c++ as this
    is a ms product. I would like a solution that is cross compatible as my
    desktop is windows zp but my laptop is linux based so I would like t be
    able to transfer a project between the two without any hassle.

    Thanks in advance (if there will be any)

    andy
  • Victor Bazarov

    #2
    Re: GUI and c/c++

    Andrew Harrington wrote:[color=blue]
    > I have done a little bit of c programming before, just the basics mind
    > you. I would like to be able to implement GUIs in c/c++. I know that you
    > have to use different libraries than the standard ones included with
    > c/c++. Can anyone recommend any and how I would go about teaching myself
    > some basic GUIs. I would preferrably NOT like to use visual c++ as this
    > is a ms product. I would like a solution that is cross compatible as my
    > desktop is windows zp but my laptop is linux based so I would like t be
    > able to transfer a project between the two without any hassle.[/color]

    Use a portable GUI toolkit like Qt, wxWindows, etc. Search the Web or
    the news archives for "portable GUI toolkit". Plenty of information.

    Comment

    Working...