Converting Java code to C++ ...data structures questions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • graftonfot@yahoo.com

    #1

    Converting Java code to C++ ...data structures questions

    Hi there,

    I've programmed in C++ for many years, but I've been away from it for a
    while.

    I have some JDK 1.4 code that I need to re-implement in C++. I am
    wondering, are there any commonly-used libraries for replacing the Java
    SDK types (particularly all the containers) that people use these days?
    I know about the STL, but was wondering if there was anything more
    popular/current.

    Thanks.

  • Victor Bazarov

    #2
    Re: Converting Java code to C++ ...data structures questions

    graftonfot@yaho o.com wrote:[color=blue]
    > I've programmed in C++ for many years, but I've been away from it for a
    > while.[/color]

    And I thought it's like riding a bicycle...
    [color=blue]
    > I have some JDK 1.4 code that I need to re-implement in C++. I am
    > wondering, are there any commonly-used libraries for replacing the Java
    > SDK types (particularly all the containers) that people use these days?
    > I know about the STL, but was wondering if there was anything more
    > popular/current.[/color]

    You should consider asking in a newsgroup dedicated to your platform,
    as well. No, I am not saying you're totally off the mark posting here,
    I am just saying, keep your horizons wide.

    And, speaking of containers, I would probably not be too much off saying
    that the Standard Library containers are the most popular containers
    today. Of course, it does depend on your definition of "popular".

    V

    Comment

    • Mike Wahler

      #3
      Re: Converting Java code to C++ ...data structures questions

      <graftonfot@yah oo.com> wrote in message
      news:1102976875 .506946.174190@ c13g2000cwb.goo glegroups.com.. .[color=blue]
      > Hi there,
      >
      > I've programmed in C++ for many years, but I've been away from it for a
      > while.
      >
      > I have some JDK 1.4 code that I need to re-implement in C++. I am
      > wondering, are there any commonly-used libraries for replacing the Java
      > SDK types (particularly all the containers) that people use these days?[/color]

      Yes.
      [color=blue]
      > I know about the STL, but was wondering if there was anything more
      > popular/current.[/color]

      The container types and algorithms defined by the C++ standard library
      which were formerly collectively called the 'STL' are the most 'current'
      as regards standard C++. "Popularity " is of course a subjective issue.
      Anyway, why does 'popularity' matter?

      -Mike


      Comment

      Working...