Multiple Inheritance and iostreams

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mahadeva

    #1

    Multiple Inheritance and iostreams

    What does it mean to say :

    Using Multiple Inheritance, the class iostream (not to be confused
    with the header file iostream - these are seperate things) and the
    class fstream derived from the class iostream (again ??)

    Can someone please help me. I am tossed here :(
  • John Harrison

    #2
    Re: Multiple Inheritance and iostreams


    "Mahadeva" <maadi77@gmail. com> wrote in message
    news:489fe463.0 410112123.7c7cc f9f@posting.goo gle.com...[color=blue]
    > What does it mean to say :
    >
    > Using Multiple Inheritance, the class iostream (not to be confused
    > with the header file iostream - these are seperate things) and the
    > class fstream derived from the class iostream (again ??)
    >
    > Can someone please help me. I am tossed here :([/color]

    iostream --> istream
    iostream --> ostream
    fstream --> iostream

    --> means 'derives from'. Does that make it clearer?

    john


    Comment

    • JKop

      #3
      Re: Multiple Inheritance and iostreams

      Mahadeva posted:
      [color=blue]
      > What does it mean to say :
      >
      > Using Multiple Inheritance, the class iostream (not to be confused
      > with the header file iostream - these are seperate things) and the
      > class fstream derived from the class iostream (again ??)
      >
      > Can someone please help me. I am tossed here :([/color]

      I don't know really. It looks like English, except 9 times out of 10 in
      English, you have a verb in a sentence. Also, in English we tend to end
      sentences with a "fullstop" or "period". The absence of such above may
      suggest that you've provided but a sentence fragment, which may explain the
      lack of a verb in the "sentence", which suggests that "derived" is an
      adjective here.

      If I were to guess, I'd say that's an incomplete paragraph.


      -JKop

      Comment

      Working...