Displaying Sort Expression in RowCreated

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • raghulvarma
    New Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 90

    #1

    Displaying Sort Expression in RowCreated

    Sir,
    I am displaying the Header text at the runtime with the help of RowCreated event.It is getting displayed properly.I have enabled sorting in the aspx page as stated below.
    Code:
    <asp:BoundField ReadOnly="true"  DataField="id"  SortExpression="id"/>
         <asp:BoundField   DataField="author" SortExpression="author"/>
         <asp:BoundField   DataField="title" SortExpression="title"/>
        <%-- <asp:BoundField  HeaderText="Genre" DataField="genre" SortExpression="genre"/>--%>
        <asp:TemplateField >
        <itemtemplate>
            <asp:dropdownlist id="dropdownlist1" runat="server">
            </asp:dropdownlist>
        </itemtemplate>
        </asp:TemplateField>
    
         <asp:BoundField   DataField="price" SortExpression="price"/>
         <asp:BoundField   DataField="publish_date" SortExpression="publish_date"/>
         <asp:BoundField   DataField="description" SortExpression="description"/>
    In the code behind I have written the coding to display the header text at the runtime as shown below.
    Code:
     protected void MyGridRowCreated(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)
            {
                if (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.Header)
                {
                    TableCellCollection TCC = e.Row.Cells;
                    TCC[0].Text = "For Modification Purpose";
                    TCC[1].Text = "Book ID";
                    TCC[2].Text = "Author Name";
                    TCC[3].Text = "Title";
                    TCC[4].Text = "Genere";
                    TCC[5].Text = "Price";
                    TCC[6].Text = "Publish Date";
                    TCC[7].Text = "Description";
                }
            }
    My problem is that I am not able to get the link in the header text which could be clicked for sorting in the header section, what am i missing.
    With this I have attached the jpg file which shows as how it should be displayed, but now as how it is being displayed

    My second question is that I need to display the header text in the format that they are displayed in two lines for example "Author Name" need to be displayed in two lines like
    Author
    Name
    Attached Files
Working...