I have a column in my database where everything is separated by columns. I pull this coulmn out and use the split function to separate it by the commas and place each word(s) on a separate label. when a user wants to add a word to the column, they type it into a textbox and it inserts it into the column with a comma before it so now the words say 'hi, how are, you' when they want to delete a word they click a button which replaces that word and it's comma with nothing ''. the problem is that the last word does not have a comma after it, so it can't be deleted. if I add another comma at the ed so the it says 'hi, bye, how are you,' then an extra label is filled with nothing and now my page has a blank label with a button next to it. if i erase the last thing in the array, then (to get rid of the blank) then sometimes, depending on what the user did, it doesn't display a word that it really should. I'm not exactly sure why. i hope i'm being clear
arraylist
Collapse
X
-
-
when the user chooses to delete a word it doesn't have to be the last one. but if he does choose to delete the last one, this comma was giving me a problem.
in the array, i was having it count the items in the array and then removeat(count-1)Comment
-
I got it. to add i have them update with a comma before and after (,hi,bye,how are you,)
to delete they replace ,word, with a comma (,hi,bye,)
then i delete from the array the first at last so it shows up (hi bye) instead of (' ' hi bye ' ')
thanx for your help anywayComment
Comment