Interop: C++ Console & C# GUI

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sheikko

    #1

    Interop: C++ Console & C# GUI

    Sincerly is a little bit complicated to explain to you what I have in
    my
    mind, but I will try:

    Above all the problem is the type of data that I want to passe between
    these two applications. The complete application that I want to create
    consiste of two applications:
    - the console developped with VS C++, that use some libraries
    developped with Borland C++
    - the GUI of application that interact with the console.

    The GUI must access some methods included in libraries and exposed by
    the console, and the internal libraries throught the core application
    must interact with some methods of GUI, for example to refresh some
    controls.

    I have thinked to to link GUI with WebService "A" that communicate
    with Console, and to link Console with WebService "B" that communicate
    with GUI. In this way it's possible to make a bidirectional
    communication.. .. But. But this is not very simple to do. And sincerly
    I don't know how I can do it, above all because I don't know how I can
    use the GUI/Console from the WebService.

    Every suggestion/solution is welcome... and thanks in advance to all
    those they want ot help me.
  • =?Utf-8?B?RmFtaWx5IFRyZWUgTWlrZQ==?=

    #2
    RE: Interop: C++ Console & C# GUI



    "Sheikko" wrote:
    Sincerly is a little bit complicated to explain to you what I have in
    my
    mind, but I will try:
    >
    Above all the problem is the type of data that I want to passe between
    these two applications. The complete application that I want to create
    consiste of two applications:
    - the console developped with VS C++, that use some libraries
    developped with Borland C++
    - the GUI of application that interact with the console.
    >
    The GUI must access some methods included in libraries and exposed by
    the console, and the internal libraries throught the core application
    must interact with some methods of GUI, for example to refresh some
    controls.
    >
    I have thinked to to link GUI with WebService "A" that communicate
    with Console, and to link Console with WebService "B" that communicate
    with GUI. In this way it's possible to make a bidirectional
    communication.. .. But. But this is not very simple to do. And sincerly
    I don't know how I can do it, above all because I don't know how I can
    use the GUI/Console from the WebService.
    >
    Every suggestion/solution is welcome... and thanks in advance to all
    those they want ot help me.
    >
    For starters, I would have two executable projects (the console and the GUI
    app) and a dll project (for the common code).

    In this way, the GUI can make calls to the console logic by linking to a
    reference to the common dll and calling object methods.

    It's not clear if the GUI is talking to your console app in any way. Going
    the other way is desired it appears. There are many options. Probably the
    simplest to code is for the console app to put some message in a file that
    the GUI code is monitoring. When the contents of that file have changed, the
    GUI code makes some decision on updating controls.

    Its not clear from your post why the console app is needed. It would seem
    that if the GUI is a display of the state of the running console application,
    that the two could exist in one executable. Are you sure you couldn't change
    the console application to a callable method from the GUI?

    Lastly, you posted this separately to many groups. You should post to all
    groups in one post so that the replies go to all groups.


    Comment

    • Khalid

      #3
      Re: Interop: C++ Console & C# GUI

      On 17 Dic, 13:13, Family Tree Mike
      <FamilyTreeM... @discussions.mi crosoft.comwrot e:
      "Sheikko" wrote:
      Sincerly is a little bit complicated to explain to you what I have in
      my
      mind, but I will try:
      >
      Above all the problem is the type of data that I want to passe between
      these two applications. The complete application that I want to create
      consiste of two applications:
      - the console developped with VS C++, that use some libraries
      developped with Borland C++
      - the GUI of application that interact with the console.
      >
      The GUI must access some methods included in libraries and exposed by
      the console, and the internal libraries throught the core application
      must interact with some methods of GUI, for example to refresh some
      controls.
      >
      I have thinked to to link GUI with WebService "A" that communicate
      with Console, and to link Console with WebService "B" that communicate
      with GUI. In this way it's possible to make a bidirectional
      communication.. .. But. But this is not very simple to do. And sincerly
      I don't know how I can do it, above all because I don't know how I can
      use the GUI/Console from the WebService.
      >
      Every suggestion/solution is welcome... and thanks in advance to all
      those they want ot help me.
      >
      For starters, I would have two executable projects (the console and the GUI
      app) and a dll project (for the common code).
      >
      In this way, the GUI can make calls to the console logic by linking to a
      reference to the common dll and calling object methods.
      >
      It's not clear if the GUI is talking to your console app in any way. Going
      the other way is desired it appears. There are many options. Probably the
      simplest to code is for the console app to put some message in a file that
      the GUI code is monitoring. When the contents of that file have changed, the
      GUI code makes some decision on updating controls.
      >
      Its not clear from your post why the console app is needed. It would seem
      that if the GUI is a display of the state of the running console application,
      that the two could exist in one executable. Are you sure you couldn't change
      the console application to a callable method from the GUI?
      >
      Lastly, you posted this separately to many groups. You should post to all
      groups in one post so that the replies go to all groups.
      Beacause I want to run the console on a Pc and the GUI on a second Pc.
      So I need to make communication between them

      Comment

      • =?Utf-8?B?RmFtaWx5IFRyZWUgTWlrZQ==?=

        #4
        Re: Interop: C++ Console &amp; C# GUI

        Its not clear from your post why the console app is needed. It would seem
        that if the GUI is a display of the state of the running console application,
        that the two could exist in one executable. Are you sure you couldn't change
        the console application to a callable method from the GUI?
        >
        Beacause I want to run the console on a Pc and the GUI on a second Pc.
        So I need to make communication between them
        >
        OK, I think that is missing from your original post. You should look at the
        many examples of .Net Remoting available on the web.

        Comment

        Working...