nant script to run t-sql

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • John A Grandy

    #1

    nant script to run t-sql

    Can't find anywhere else to post this :

    Within a nant loop, I'd like to first perform a simple db update (single
    column of single row in single table) and then trigger the running of nunit
    tests contained within various assemblies.

    The question I have is: how to perform the db update ? Is there a way to
    run ad-hoc t-sql from within a nant script ? Or calling a parameterized
    stored procedure ?

    If all of the above is impossible, how about triggerring execution of a
    console app executable that accepts a parameter ?

    Thanks.


  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

    #2
    Re: nant script to run t-sql

    John A Grandy wrote:
    Within a nant loop, I'd like to first perform a simple db update (single
    column of single row in single table) and then trigger the running of nunit
    tests contained within various assemblies.
    >
    The question I have is: how to perform the db update ? Is there a way to
    run ad-hoc t-sql from within a nant script ? Or calling a parameterized
    stored procedure ?
    >
    If all of the above is impossible, how about triggerring execution of a
    console app executable that accepts a parameter ?
    Get the extra tasks in NAntContrib, then you have a sql task.

    Fallbak NAnt has an exec task to run any program.

    Arne

    Comment

    Working...