Windows Installer Custom Action cannot do xcopy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dave

    #1

    Windows Installer Custom Action cannot do xcopy?

    I'm trying to do the following xcopy from my Windows installer and it
    doesn't work. I even tried running the installer as user with
    credentials instead of LocalService. I'm running in 2003Server, so
    its not a vista issue.

    Any ideas why i cannot do this xcopy from my installer, yet it works
    fine from console program?

    Process kafInstallProce ss = new Process();

    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Re directStandardE rror = true;
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Us eShellExecute = false;
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Re directStandardO utput = true;
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Fi leName = @"xcopy";
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Ar guments = "/Y \"C:\\Downloads \\KAF1.2\
    \KAF\\*.*\" \"C:\\Progra m Files\\KAF\\bin \"";

    kafInstallProce ss.Start();

    thanks for any help!

    dave
  • Dave

    #2
    Re: Windows Installer Custom Action cannot do xcopy?

    On Dec 10, 10:33 am, Dave <djohanns...@gm ail.comwrote:
    I'm trying to do the following xcopy from my Windows installer and it
    doesn't work. I even tried running the installer as user with
    credentials instead of LocalService. I'm running in 2003Server, so
    its not a vista issue.
    >
    Any ideas why i cannot do this xcopy from my installer, yet it works
    fine from console program?
    >
    Process kafInstallProce ss = new Process();
    >
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Re directStandardE rror = true;
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Us eShellExecute = false;
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Re directStandardO utput = true;
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Fi leName = @"xcopy";
    kafInstallProce ss.StartInfo.Ar guments = "/Y \"C:\\Downloads \\KAF1.2\
    \KAF\\*.*\" \"C:\\Progra m Files\\KAF\\bin \"";
    >
    kafInstallProce ss.Start();
    >
    thanks for any help!
    >
    dave
    One small addendum is, I'm forced to do the xcopy as I'm actually
    running a third party batch file from the installer - which contains
    xcopy's. i isolated the xcopy to narrow the focus of the issue at
    hand.

    I cannot figure this thing out.

    thanks, dave

    Comment

    Working...