C# 3.0 questions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fred Mellender

    #1

    C# 3.0 questions

    1. What are the additions to the class library that are not associated
    with new language features, or "Foundation " classes. E.G. I have heard
    a rumor that a "BigNum" class, or infinite precision arithmetic would be
    supported.

    2. Are there any (runtime) performance improvements promised? Any other
    major changes to the runtime system?

    Is there a webpage addressing these issues?


  • Jon Skeet [C# MVP]

    #2
    Re: C# 3.0 questions

    On Oct 29, 4:00 pm, "Fred Mellender"
    <nospamPlease_f r...@frontierne t.netwrote:
    1. What are the additions to the class library that are not associated
    with new language features, or "Foundation " classes. E.G. I have heard
    a rumor that a "BigNum" class, or infinite precision arithmetic would be
    supported.
    There are a few new BCL classes - I can't remember whether BigDecimal
    (or its equivalent) is going to be in or not, but I believe it was
    dropped.

    There's better support for timezones and precise handling of DateTimes
    though, which is certainly welcome.
    2. Are there any (runtime) performance improvements promised? Any other
    major changes to the runtime system?
    It uses the same CLR as before so there aren't any performance
    improvements on that front.
    Is there a webpage addressing these issues?
    The BCL team blog is worth reading:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/bclteam/

    Jon

    Comment

    Working...