How would a guy at Microsoft...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nano2k

    #1

    How would a guy at Microsoft...

    ....open Windows's Calc?
    I want to integrate a shortcut to Windows Calc in my application.
    Ok, it seems quite str8 forward:
    1. put a button / link label, whatever on a form
    2. grab Calc's icon from system32\calc.e xe and attach it to the
    button, etc, if needed.
    3. Call Process.Start(" calc.exe") when the button is clicked.

    Anyway, I wonder how a guy at MS would:
    1. Get Calc's icon. That is, is there another way of "stealing" the
    icon?
    2. Start Calc.

  • =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=

    #2
    RE: How would a guy at Microsoft...

    Well! I'm not a "guy at Microsoft", but:

    1) If you absolutely *must* have the actual icon from Calc.exe, there are a
    number of freeware programs that will extract icons for you. Or, just find an
    icon you like and use that (much easier).
    2) Is correct.
    -- Peter
    Recursion: see Recursion
    site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    unBlog: http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
    BlogMetaFinder: http://www.blogmetafinder.com



    "nano2k" wrote:
    ....open Windows's Calc?
    I want to integrate a shortcut to Windows Calc in my application.
    Ok, it seems quite str8 forward:
    1. put a button / link label, whatever on a form
    2. grab Calc's icon from system32\calc.e xe and attach it to the
    button, etc, if needed.
    3. Call Process.Start(" calc.exe") when the button is clicked.
    >
    Anyway, I wonder how a guy at MS would:
    1. Get Calc's icon. That is, is there another way of "stealing" the
    icon?
    2. Start Calc.
    >
    >

    Comment

    Working...