Hello everybody.
I want to make a little programme to show the network availability
status. I read that I had to use
Microsoft.Visua lBasic.Devices, creat a delegate to manage the event.
Here is the code that I made but of course it dosn't work
namespace WindowsApplicat ion2
{
public delegate void MyApplication_N etworkAvailabil ityChanged(obje ct
sender, Microsoft.Visua lBasic.Devices. NetworkAvailabl eEventArgs e);
partial class Form1
{
/// <summary>
/// Required designer variable.
/// </summary>
private System.Componen tModel.IContain er components = null;
/// <summary>
/// Clean up any resources being used.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="disposing ">true if managed resources should be
disposed; otherwise, false.</param>
protected override void Dispose(bool disposing)
{
if (disposing && (components != null))
{
components.Disp ose();
}
base.Dispose(di sposing);
}
#region Windows Form Designer generated code
/// <summary>
/// Required method for Designer support - do not modify
/// the contents of this method with the code editor.
/// </summary>
private void InitializeCompo nent()
{
this.button1 = new System.Windows. Forms.Button();
this.label1 = new System.Windows. Forms.Label();
this.SuspendLay out();
//
// button1
//
this.button1.Lo cation = new System.Drawing. Point(92, 64);
this.button1.Na me = "button1";
this.button1.Si ze = new System.Drawing. Size(125, 62);
this.button1.Ta bIndex = 0;
this.button1.Te xt = "button1";
this.button1.Us eVisualStyleBac kColor = true;
//
// label1
//
this.label1.Aut oSize = true;
this.label1.Loc ation = new System.Drawing. Point(56, 185);
this.label1.Nam e = "label1";
this.label1.Siz e = new System.Drawing. Size(35, 13);
this.label1.Tab Index = 1;
this.label1.Tex t = "label1";
//
// Form1
//
this.AutoScaleD imensions = new System.Drawing. SizeF(6F, 13F);
this.AutoScaleM ode = System.Windows. Forms.AutoScale Mode.Font;
this.ClientSize = new System.Drawing. Size(292, 273);
this.Controls.A dd(this.label1) ;
this.Controls.A dd(this.button1 );
this.Name = "Form1";
this.Text = "Form1";
this.ResumeLayo ut(false);
this.PerformLay out();
//
// Network availability
//
this.netwatch = new NetworkWatching ();
this.netwatch.A vChange += new
MyApplication_N etworkAvailabil ityChanged(this .netwat_AvChang e);
}
#endregion
private System.Windows. Forms.Button button1;
private NetworkWatching netwatch;
private System.Windows. Forms.Label label1;
}
class NetworkWatching
{
public event MyApplication_N etworkAvailabil ityChanged AvChange;
}
}
this is in the Form1.Designer. cs
In the Form1.cs I added :
private void DisplayAvail(st ring avail)
{
label1.Text = avail;
}
void netwat_AvChange (object sender,
Microsoft.Visua lBasic.Devices. NetworkAvailabl eEventArgs e)
{
this.DisplayAva il(e.IsNetworkA vailable.ToStri ng());
}
Any idea what i have to do to make what i want ? I now that probably I
miss a conceptual clarification.
Anyway, thx a lot for the help
I want to make a little programme to show the network availability
status. I read that I had to use
Microsoft.Visua lBasic.Devices, creat a delegate to manage the event.
Here is the code that I made but of course it dosn't work
namespace WindowsApplicat ion2
{
public delegate void MyApplication_N etworkAvailabil ityChanged(obje ct
sender, Microsoft.Visua lBasic.Devices. NetworkAvailabl eEventArgs e);
partial class Form1
{
/// <summary>
/// Required designer variable.
/// </summary>
private System.Componen tModel.IContain er components = null;
/// <summary>
/// Clean up any resources being used.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="disposing ">true if managed resources should be
disposed; otherwise, false.</param>
protected override void Dispose(bool disposing)
{
if (disposing && (components != null))
{
components.Disp ose();
}
base.Dispose(di sposing);
}
#region Windows Form Designer generated code
/// <summary>
/// Required method for Designer support - do not modify
/// the contents of this method with the code editor.
/// </summary>
private void InitializeCompo nent()
{
this.button1 = new System.Windows. Forms.Button();
this.label1 = new System.Windows. Forms.Label();
this.SuspendLay out();
//
// button1
//
this.button1.Lo cation = new System.Drawing. Point(92, 64);
this.button1.Na me = "button1";
this.button1.Si ze = new System.Drawing. Size(125, 62);
this.button1.Ta bIndex = 0;
this.button1.Te xt = "button1";
this.button1.Us eVisualStyleBac kColor = true;
//
// label1
//
this.label1.Aut oSize = true;
this.label1.Loc ation = new System.Drawing. Point(56, 185);
this.label1.Nam e = "label1";
this.label1.Siz e = new System.Drawing. Size(35, 13);
this.label1.Tab Index = 1;
this.label1.Tex t = "label1";
//
// Form1
//
this.AutoScaleD imensions = new System.Drawing. SizeF(6F, 13F);
this.AutoScaleM ode = System.Windows. Forms.AutoScale Mode.Font;
this.ClientSize = new System.Drawing. Size(292, 273);
this.Controls.A dd(this.label1) ;
this.Controls.A dd(this.button1 );
this.Name = "Form1";
this.Text = "Form1";
this.ResumeLayo ut(false);
this.PerformLay out();
//
// Network availability
//
this.netwatch = new NetworkWatching ();
this.netwatch.A vChange += new
MyApplication_N etworkAvailabil ityChanged(this .netwat_AvChang e);
}
#endregion
private System.Windows. Forms.Button button1;
private NetworkWatching netwatch;
private System.Windows. Forms.Label label1;
}
class NetworkWatching
{
public event MyApplication_N etworkAvailabil ityChanged AvChange;
}
}
this is in the Form1.Designer. cs
In the Form1.cs I added :
private void DisplayAvail(st ring avail)
{
label1.Text = avail;
}
void netwat_AvChange (object sender,
Microsoft.Visua lBasic.Devices. NetworkAvailabl eEventArgs e)
{
this.DisplayAva il(e.IsNetworkA vailable.ToStri ng());
}
Any idea what i have to do to make what i want ? I now that probably I
miss a conceptual clarification.
Anyway, thx a lot for the help
Comment