Hi All,
I've run into a problem with the MenuStrip control and any help would be
greatly appreciated!
The problem I've got is that when use a control derived from the MenuStrip
class all MDI merge functionality breaks - each MDI child window is given
it's own menu rather than the mdi parent.
To repeat the problem just create a very simple dummy app that has standard
mdi parent and mdi child. Ensure that both forms have menus and that the mdi
merge functionality works. Then if you create a new class
public class MyMenuStrip : System.Windows. Forms.MenuStrip {}
And replace the MDI parents menu creation from
this.menuStrip1 = new MyMenuStrip();//System.Windows. Forms.MenuStrip ();
It breaks all merge functionality!
Just to repeat, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
-Liam
I've run into a problem with the MenuStrip control and any help would be
greatly appreciated!
The problem I've got is that when use a control derived from the MenuStrip
class all MDI merge functionality breaks - each MDI child window is given
it's own menu rather than the mdi parent.
To repeat the problem just create a very simple dummy app that has standard
mdi parent and mdi child. Ensure that both forms have menus and that the mdi
merge functionality works. Then if you create a new class
public class MyMenuStrip : System.Windows. Forms.MenuStrip {}
And replace the MDI parents menu creation from
this.menuStrip1 = new MyMenuStrip();//System.Windows. Forms.MenuStrip ();
It breaks all merge functionality!
Just to repeat, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
-Liam